“I must be getting jaded”

Casa Boquera Restaurante Gourmet
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Yecla
Price range: US$29 - US$70
Description: Gourmet restaurant Casa Boquera is located in a privileged place, a natural spot called Boquera del Carche, where among the vineyards you can enjoy typical dishes of the area and as well as elaborate dishes that you can taste by turning a meal or dinner into an experience.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The place is in the middle of nowhere and Google maps chose to take us up a bit of a track to get there rather than the signed and graded track.

The building is nice, very modern and the restaurant is very shiny; all glass and light tones or whites. The first impression was excellent. The chap who served us was very pleasant too.

We went on a public holiday so there was a set menu rather than a la carte. Four starters, one main and one pudding for 32€ seemed reasonable enough. The starters were generally pleasant, one with cigalas and a sauce was a bit on the tasteless side but the other three were fine though they were nothing to rave about. It was the sort of food that you would expect given the price and the style of the place. The main course was a choice between meat or fish, we went for the pork solomillo - I forget exactly how it was all described but the vegetable was a sort of runny aubergine which tasted of very little. The pork was nicely cooked and it had a curry crumb on the top which, like the aubergine, seemed to have no taste to speak of and, guess what?, the pork was tasteless too. In fact I had some difficulty in finishing it off. The pudding was nice enough, a lot like one of those you get near the yogurts in any supermarket.

Now I realise that doesn't look like a shining recommendation but, all in all, I enjoyed the experience and I think the shortcomings of the meal may just have been bad luck. If we'd gone another time then we could just as well have struck lucky and I would certainly recommend that people give it a try.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The food at lunch and at dinner was of a very high standard. Carlos the waiter was extremely professional and very friendly.

casaboquera, Director de Recepción at Casa Boquera Restaurante Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you!!! See you soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

See my review on the hotel....totally recommend...the food is scrumptious and served so delightfully by the chief...Salvo...hope I have spelt that correctly

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We chose the 12 course set menu and and enjoyed every bit of it. The theme was tilted towards seafood and local produce. The wine selection is tilted toward local wines including one from the owner's winery

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I went to casa boquera restaurant for a family event and we thought the food was amazing.
Really experimental and modern menu.
The mix of flavours and textures is something I haven't tried before in other restaurants.
I will say it was very avant garde so if you don't like to try things that not your place,but if you like to experimental cuisine you should definitely go.
Some of the dishes were with sea food flavour and others were countryside mountain flavours, other were typical dishes from the area but deconstructed in to original little portions and shapes.
The menu had lots of different little dishes and all were really different from each other.,I thought it was a very original and different menu.
The wine tasting experience was excellent, I love how they explained how to recognise each flavour on each wine.
The hotel breathed peace as it located in a beautiful area far from the noisy city so I reckon the hotel will be perfect if you want to relax and disconnect from everything.
I would definitely come back to keep trying new flavours and textures.