See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2016

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed at Mas Du Clos De L'Escarrat in May, 2016. Better than any hotel. Charles and Andree were terrific hosts. They suggested places to eat, to see and wine cellars to visit and made the reservations for us when needed. All recommendations were great! Andree is an amazing baker. Her croissants were among the very best I have every had; breakfast was wonderful. Charles has a vast knowledge of wine and history. They have four apartments attached to their home which is secluded in the middle of vineyards. The two apartments we saw/stayed in were very clean and nice; both with kitchens. Their property is very centrally located to the other villages in Rhone Valley plus Avignon and Aix-en-Provence are nearby. We only had three days there ,which was not enough, and know we will come back to the area in the near future and, for sure, we would stay with Charles and Andree again. And the Rhone Valley gets five stars, too!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
escarrat, Propriétaire at Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

It has been a great pleasure, Connie, to read your review about le Mas du Clos de L'Escarrat. You have given to the readers most of your personal sincere feelings about your stay and I must say that if I were not the owner of the place, I'd like to stay at le Mas because of what you have written !
Our very sincere thanks and "merci" for your terrific review !

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We stay here for two night. My wife and I enjoyed every moment here. There is a big grape yard around this house, we have a breakfast with this beautiful view every morning. The wine tour which the host offer was really great. We have
no experience with wine tasting before. Charles gave us knowledge about wine tasting which is very helpful. In conclusion, we had a great time here, and hope to come back one day in the future.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
escarrat, Propriétaire at Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Sebastian, thank you so much for your fabulous comment "Best B&B in France I had ever", knowing that you already have been travelling 8 times to France !
This is the best comment I have ever read !
Merci beaucoup and we hope to seeing you again soon at le Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat !

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Fantastic find in the middle of the Côte du Rhone region of Provence. The old farmhouse had such great charm with it's beautiful stone walls dating back centuries, adjacent to beautiful vineyards and a great view of the mountains. The hospitality of Charles and Andree was great, they both speak fluent English and have great recommendations for the region. We were not able to do the wine tour with Charles on this trip, but have given us a reason to return. The breakfast served on a outside table for 9€ per person was very good and worth the price, and included fresh croissants, fresh fruit and yogurt, along with coffee, tea and juice. The room was very comfortable, having stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment (Mistral) for 3 people. Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention their lovely dog Auguste who kept us entertained during our stay. The only thing I would give a heads up on is finding the farmhouse from the main road. It is on a very narrow dirt road with a dogleg left under a small bridge, but well worth it once you arrive at Mas du close de l'Escarrat

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mistral apartment which was big enough for 3 people or a family of 4 maximum. It included a small kitchen.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian, your very detailed review full of positive comments has warmed our hearts.
Our place is not so difficult to find : either you follow the instructions on our website, and/or you type "Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat" on Googlemaps, Waze, or Plans (apple) and they will direct you immediately to the right place ! Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

My two friends and myself had a wonderful 3-day stay at Charles and Andree's lovely place. It was inspiring to wake up everyday to the view of the serene and beautiful area Provence. It is located nearby Avignon and Orange, very easy to find if you have a GPS. A Carrefour is 15 minutes away, which is very convenient.

The room is unbelievable clean and cozy, with a well-equipped kitchen, a lovely living room and comfortable beds for three of us. After a long day visiting those popular cities nearby we felt so relaxed to be back.

Both Charles and Andree are extremely friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the time here, and I am sure you will love it too.

Thanks to Charles and thanks to Andree for the great time we had in Provence!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
escarrat, Propriétaire at Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Dear Shu-Siou, we have been delighted to read your excellent review about le Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat.
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Provence, underlining the fact that le Mas is located in the center of Provence.
Three out of our four rooms are comprising a kitchen(ette) which is very convenient after a long ride during the day.
We do hope that back to Taiwan you will inform your friends about your stay at le Mas !
Thank you very much !

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Me and my fiancée stayed here for 3 nights, and we cannot recommend it enough. The hosts are incredibly nice and helpful, and the place is stunningly beautiful and authentic. We rented a car from the airport in Marseilles, and used it to travel around avignon and the Jonquiere area, but even without a GPS the hosts have provided an excellent route guidance.
We decided to do the 5 stop winetour with Charles, and it was even better than we had hoped for. If you do decide to stay here we must stress that you really should book a winetour. It is an all-included tour to some of the best wineyards, starting with an introduction to wine tasting with Charles. The wind was quite strong when we visited, but even in march the temperature reached 19 degrees celsius so it was warm enough to enjoy our stay.
There are only so many words I can use to describe this place, but I can sum it up to "The perfect vacation stay in Provence".

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
escarrat, Propriétaire at Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Thank you very much Marius and Camilla for your excellent review about our B&B. This is the first review for the 2016 season and it is very important to start with a 5 stars review.!
I'm also very pleased to read that the wine tour has overpassed your expectations.
We do hope to hosting nice Norwegian guests as both of you !
Thank you again !