Review Highlights
Staff Going the Extra Mile (thanks Ollie)

Ollie in the restaurant was fantastic, lots of tables to tend to and made sure the food was out in... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2021
joshmaccc
Colchester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Average your golf travel trip

Yourgolf travel trip... Played our first round just after 1300. Play was slow for the first few... read more

Reviewed 20 June 2021
Tommo501
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews challenging holes round reception clubhouse spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

Had the great pleasure of stopping at the willows training centre. I have shoved in a block the rear of the complex. The walk to the room felt like the green mile walking through several doors and corridors. The flooring in my block felt like the carpets were laid on bare soil, I nearly fell into a few pot holes. The room itself was dated, it was dirty and smelt stale. The bathroom also smelt so bad I couldnt stay in there. I later found dried blood on the tiles?!? By the smell if I looked further I might have found a body! Most of the room was covered in a shiney unknown gunk, the windows were also full of mould and condensation. Near the end of the week due to the lack of sleep from the shockingly thin pillows I nearly broke down be aware of the 500 block!

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 21 June 2021 via mobile

Yourgolf travel trip...
Played our first round just after 1300. Play was slow for the first few holes but then picked up pace. Course is in ok condition, fairways are nice and the tee boxes are average but most greens are terrible. The course has so much potential and is a challenge. The tee boxes offer a pro tip on how to play the holes which is a welcome touch.
I know it cant be helped but the course is littered in duck droppings so take a spare towel so yo can clean your ball.
Hotel rooms were poor. Found hairs in the bath and sink in one room and ants in the other. Think of pontins style rooms when you book here. Not sure how it was covid cleaned when ants and dirt was found (please see pics).

Dinner and breakfast was a buffet style and no complaints from us.

Alcohol is pricey costing £5 a pint.

If you are looking for a cheap no frills get away then this is your place to go

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank Tommo501
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Stopped at Wyboston Lakes today to charge the Tesla and gave a meal as we gave heard it’s a lovely place.

Just as we got to the Waterfront Restaurant we was greeted to a security guard telling us we had to leave the site as we had our 10 year old Labrador with us.

Found this place totally unfriendly and will definitely never return here ever again.

A bonus we are at a restaurant within a quarter of a Mile away, dog in tow, so it’s Wyboston that lost out. Glad a company can afford to turn down business in these times.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank 980susant
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Course is terrible, looks like the greens haven't been touched by green staff in whole of lockdown, apparently only one greenkeeper is working while the rest are furloughed,??? Sure that's not how the system is supposed to work.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

I've played this course many times and this has got to be the worst! The tees are in a terrible state there are broken trees on the fairways and greens are atrocious. Even the breakfast was cold!

Date of experience: August 2020