“Affordable and beautiful place to stay”
Review of Hollyhock

Hollyhock
Ranked #2 of 3 Pothamedu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I have been to this place last year, We booked the room for four people.
1) I was amazed to see a beautiful view from window.
2) staff is very friendly.
3) Great place to stay and very near to city (5-minute drive).
4) They have arranged for night Safari, that was a great experience.

Room Tip: best view, near to City, good food
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ankit L

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Travelled in October 2015 with family. Reached this hotel at night, found it to be a small but nice hotel located at a breathtaking view. Yes it is not the luxury one but once you wake up in the morning and see its views, all your worries about the hotel will go in a sec. It provides basic rooms with basic services, hot water, TV, wi-fi. You will get the manager all time available in your service. They dont provide food but they will arrange if you inform they one hour before.
Overall, nice budget hotel, please do not expect luxury, book for views only.

Room Tip: Choose the suite!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I was visiting Munnar in full moon and I wanted to enjoy mesmerizing view of tea garden in day time as well as in night during moonlight. That's why I decided on this hotel. I booked it online. The hotel has mesmerizing view of tea garden and the valley. When I reached there after a long trip from Cochin I wan initially very delighted to see the hotel. But all my expectation end there only. We were pretty tired and wanted to check in as soon as possible. We cam to know that even after repeated calls my rooms were not ready. Further that they informed that there cook is on leave and they will not be able to serve any food. It is a very remote location. The nearest restaurant would be 5 KM from there. In that area no cars move after sunset. Even then they don't have backup arrangement. The most surprising part is that I were calling them for last two days, they even not bother to tell us about that.
There are almost no mobile signal availability in the area. I tried to contact the website but could not able to do so. I booked two delux room. They show me two room, the one which was almost cleaned was extremely small and shabby. It cannot be a delux room. The other one was bigger and seems to be good but yet to be cleaned. The stair to go down to the room was a spiral one and extremely narrow. If you have a older person , it would not be possible for him/her to use it. We were extremely angry and demand our money back. Then they suggested to move us in a another hotel of same owner. It was already late and we had no other choice to agree on their term. We then transfer to another hotel in a very odd place to me with limited basic arrangement. It was a very bad deal. One of the worst travel experience for me. I will not recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank subhajit0
Reviewed 4 December 2015

its a small hotel(6 rooms) with superb view, staff is supportive. Does not have restaurant but the staff gets food if informed 1 hour prior to meal..they arrange breakfast. but the it is situated at a very high and isolated place so at night u can't think of coming out of room..the only problem is location, we were 7 people so managed somehow but it was really very scary to reach that place..1-2 kms away from hotel wild elephants also come so overall v felt scared at night..rooms were ok..not very clean and have very less space so extra mattress can not be arranged. rooms having valley view have more area..

Room Tip: take room have valley view
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

We visited Munnar during May 15. Holly hock was an amazing buget stay. I will say it as a decent within buget. But the views, hospitality was marvellous.

The staffs there were very cooperative. They tried to make all possible arrangements which we asked for. I will personally recommend this place for a big friends gang and a family group here will be memorable. Please inform them your requirements in advance so that they can help you in all possible ways.

Thanks to their friendly management for amazing and everlasting memorable stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank anchalsanu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pothamedu
1.3 km away
Deshadan Mountain Resorts
#6 of 8 in Pothamedu
0.2 km away
Blackberry Hills Retreat & Spa, Munnar

Been to Hollyhock? Share your experiences!