“peaceful, quiet, clean and relaxing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Astier
Les Rives de L'Isle
Ranked #1 of 4 Saint-Astier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2015

From the first meeting of the charming owner, to the immaculately clean (and very large!) rooms to the bright and spacious bathrooms and finishing with a relaxing and charming river flowing by - my stay at Les Rives de L'Isle was wonderful.
Breakfast was very good with fresh warm breads and local jams to endless coffee!
It's location is very convenient to walking around town to visit the shops, historical cathedral and cafes.
The wi-fi was strong and reliable, the beds comfortable and my entire stay was a great experiance.
The owners delightful parents helped out while I was there and they are a cute and happy couple who are a joy to meet!
Look carefully as it is hard to spot from the street - but is so well worth staying here that you will be happy you did.

Room Tip: I had a corner room that looked out over the river - the swans, ducks and peaceful sound of the wate...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We stayed in June for 3 nights and were very pleased we booked here. The room was modern, clean and bright - everything looked new and fresh, including the shower room and fitments. I think most other B & B's would be charging at least another 10e for this. The hostess Emmanuelle was a lovely person and prepared a lovely breakfast every morning to eat on the terrace. Our room overlooked the river which was gorgeous. Beautiful and quiet at night. We will definitely keep it on our list of places to return to.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the river, I am not sure that there is a bad one - all appear to have been re...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had a superb stay at the Rives de L’isle. It is a small hotel (about 9 rooms) right on the beautiful L’Isle River in St. Astier.

St. Astier is a small (pop 4000) town in the Dordogne Dept. in southwestern France near Perigord. It is off the beaten path but close to some very interesting things, like the famous caves where man first displayed his art. Most of the towns have large beautiful churches and there are a number of chateaus to visit. Food is very good in the region, especially if you are a fan of duck.

The photos of the hotel on their website are beautiful, showing the patio near the river. But the reality is even better. The rooms are largish, all with a queen bed and a single bed. Our bed was a bit lumpy, though. They have all been recently redone, with expensive windows that lock out all noise.

The couple that own the place are very attentive. The also offer a meal package. Although we didn’t opt for it, we smelled some very tempting dishes and witnessed a lot of happy diners there.

The hotel is not hooked up with a credit card reader, so be prepared to pay in cash. Also, we couldn't access wifi from our second floor room and had to go downstairs to get closer to the router. It was not a big deal though, since we were not there to surf the internet.

This place is a real gem.

Room Tip: I don't think that there is a big difference in the rooms. they all have a view of the river and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank William A
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here for three nights and found it to be a clean and friendly place. My room overlooked the river and I awoke each morning to the sound of the weir and the rivers many Ducks. It is very central and you can walk to the market (on a Thursday) in a couple of minutes. The owner could not be nicer to deal with, and speaks good English. I cannot recommend this highly enough especially at the rates she charges.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Hi everybody,
I would like advice and recommend this hotel for everyone. I was staying there for more than 20 days. Perfect breakfast served in typical french style. The room was clean all the time and furnished in very comfortable bed . Amazing view of the waterfall and river through the window also the owners are very helpful in each matter or question. WiFi works well and very fast, TV has some English channels. To sum up I can say only good.

Vilius Kazlauskas
LTU

Room Tip: Choose only ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vilius k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Astier
12.0 km away
0.5 km away
No photo provided
Domaine Labattut
#3 of 4 in Saint-Astier

Been to Les Rives de L'Isle? Share your experiences!