“A Gem!”

Ristorante Pizzeria il Vulcano
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Pizzeria il Vulcano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Excellent food, amazing hospitality in this little gem of a restaurant. We stayed in the nearby Holiday Inn on our way to Venice. We asked for a local restaurant and we were directed to Al Vulcano. We had pizzas that night and they were one of the best we have had. So after a week, on our way back, we decided to have lunch here. I was surprised to be not only recognized, but shown to the same table and reminded of my order last time!! We had pasta this time and they made me up a vegetarian one on my request. Absolutely delicious! My husband had pasta with seafood which he said was excellent. On top of the complimentary bread, they also sent up what looked like freshly baked pizza base with tomato sauce which was totally yum and a taste of almond biscottis on our way out. It is very close to the freeway so we will definitely go back there enroute to wherever we head to next time.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Calm restaurant, very hospital staff, great food.

Around 15 euro per person, not open Mondays, evening period starts at 7:30

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I had to pass by a couple of times as it appeared closed. I was welcomed and seated straight away. The menu was in Italian only, but this is quite common here. The waiter was more than happy to attempt to translate it for me. I ordered and straight after some complimentary stuffed mussels and some pizza bread with tomato arrived. I ordered grilled octapus which was really tender and dressed gently. I then got a pasta dish with calamari and clams in a light tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes. This dish was quite simple, but with good ingredients and really tasty. I couldn't resist to polish the plate with the pizza bread. After I finished they offered me complimentary homemade chocolate shot and amaretto biscuits.
The overall decoration of the shop was dated and the customers mainly locals. I would have any day an amazing meal in a dated restaurant than a mediocre meal in a modern designed restaurant. I shall certainly return.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Not speaking a word in Italian, but at a local restaurant we weren't sure about the service, but the staff were very friendly and personal, and helped out as much as possible. Food was very quick at our table, and authentic Italian at it's best. Even got a complimentary chocolate alcohol drink mixed by the staff after eating. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We discovered this place while staying at nearby Cosmo Hotel. The owner (Umberto) was so kind and my 80 year old mother-in-law still talks about the food, Umberto's singing and his homemade chocolate liquer that he gave to her to take back to the states. A real hilight of our trip to Milan!

1  Thank Warnaak