Errington's Wilderness Island Resort
US$119
US$76
Mystic Isle Motel(Wawa)(Great Value!)
US$69
Parkway Motel(Wawa)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2016

My wife and I went up to see the Northern Lights. Their calendar listed the phases of the moon so we could choose the weekend of the new moon. The staff could not have been more more friendly and helpful. Each meal was a delight. The shore lunches could not have been tastier, with fish caught either that day or the day before. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The lake was beautiful and the views were wonderful in each direction. I can understand why so many people have returned there time after time. I hope we will join that group of people. To the Errington's I say Thank You for a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: Avoid Cabin three, that is the cabin closest to the generator
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srherskovitz
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have been going here for the past 18 years. It's a family operated business and they are amazing! The scenery, wildlife and fishing can't be put into words, you have to go there to understand. I have traveled all through Ontario and a few other provinces, but the first time I stayed here I knew I'd keep coming back. I highly recommend Errington's.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank George S
Reviewed 8 September 2015

My wife and I spent 4 days at Errington's and had a wonderful experience. The two things they really excel at is service and providing a great fishing experience. We were on the American plan and any request we had was addressed immediately and with great cheerfulness. I would highly recommend that you retain the services of Larry for a half day (or full day) of guiding. He will acquaint you with the lake and give some very valuable tips for where and how to catch fish in that lake. Larry quickly realizes the level of fishing sophistication of his charges and accommodates them. I think he would be equally good with novices and seasoned outdoors people.
The food is good and the dining service is very well done. Shore lunches are not to be missed! Cabins are rustic but are comfortable and we slept well. All in all, it was a great experience with great scenery and good fishing. Quit reading this review and make reservations!

Room Tip: Avoid cabin 3 as you will hear the generator running at all times.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Have been going to Errington's Wilderness Island Resort for 8 years. Reasons to go back
are great staff, excellent food, rustic clean rooms, and fishing has been exceptional for
walleyes and N. Pike. Cabins are comfortable with excellent views of the lake.
Good variety of menu items and a person won't go hungry. Shore lunches are fresh walleye with a great outdoor setting. Moose, loons, bear are frequent sights while on the
lake fishing.

Room Tip: We have enjoyed the American Plan. The rooms are located next to the lodge with a large patio. This provides enjoyable viewing of the surrounding lake while enjoying a cocktail and discussion of the days fishing success.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank William H
Reviewed 16 October 2014

Our family went for three nights and had an amazing time. the fishing was great, cabins were clean and the boat was great. We flew in from hawk air and the flight was great. The staff was so friendly and helped us with all our inquiries. The meal wasawesome too and we enjoyed the minnow races after supper. a great time overall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family