Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews black marlin jellyfish lake take care perfect place crispin dive electricity equipment resort accommodation boat island bali trips daytrip waves sharks
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I am solo traveller living in KL and I needed a 7 day adventure somewhere remote to get away from the rat race. Togean proved to be the perfect place, it is remote and beautiful. Black Marlin were very accomodating from the first email.

The first impressive thing was that the owner waited for me whilst I managed to miss the earlier boat (the boat left early be aware) so after I arrived late I was informed that it was too late to head to the resort, but accomodation was kindly provided to me along with breakfast the next morning.

The next morning we got the boat to the resort and I took the duluxe room which I was very happy with, it had a great view and zero stress as meals are provided and dive times were flexible. It was very quiet when I was there and I really wanted to go to the bomber wreck. I was told that usually they do not book trips there with fewer than ten people or so but they made a special arrangement for me which I was very grateful for.

One of the things that stood out was the friendliness of the workers who played chess etc with me and the incredible kitchen staff who provided delicious healthy and fresh meals and asked if I had any preferences willing to accomodate were they could.

After the dives (safe and professional) I sadly headed to the ferry, everything was arranged for me including a meal before i departed and a boat back to Wakai. At Ampana unfortunately I had not taken enough money from the ATM, so I met the manager 'Lena' who drove me around to different ATMs so I could take money out.

After that I had to take the bus but not for another 5 hours. After I had paid Lena she kindly took me to her family home and even fed me whilst I waited for the bus. She even offered to give me money as I only had a very small amount left due to reaching my limit on my credit card. Very kind and went the extra mile.

Thank you Black Marlin. I will be back!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BMdive, Owner at Black Marlin Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi Matt, Thank you for your kind review and so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be looking forward to your return visit. Best wishes, Crispin

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The resort is beautiful with all bungalows facing the sea and great common areas but needs some maintenance.
The food (included in the price)is amazing, fresh fish, veggies, tofu, chips, pasta, noodles, chicken.. all cooked at perfection! Breakfast is different every morning and we loved it every day!
There is an onsite dive center which is very handy for all those pretending to dive (dive spots are gorgeous) and real good snorkelling right at the resort’s beach.

We would go back for sure!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi, many thanks for the kind review and so happy you enjoyed your stay and the food. I will pass on to them as they love to hear it's appreciated. You'll be glad to hear all rooms have been redecorated since your stay so now looking good. We will look forward to having you back anytime. Best wishes Crispin

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

hello.

we spent 6 nights there in 3 different standard bangalows.

Positive :
Staff was exceptional (thank you Lena). even during Ramadhan (busy time) they were always welcoming and smiling. You made our trip in BM great.

Food was very good,diverse and good quantity. We enjoyed Lena's pancakes in the morning.

Location: free pick up from Wakai.good spot to chill out

Negative:(note for the owner)
BM need restauration work. We change 3 times the bengalows because in the 1st one the sink plumery was broken, then the 2d one the flush was broken
...
Even if there is fresh white painting in the walls and from outside it looks nice, bengalows are very humid. Even though the sheets are very clean, our both pillows had lot of moisture, i did not feel a very sane atmosphere in the bengalows and pillows were smelling humidity.

Hope you could arrange that in the future. Thank you for your kind attention. Spécial thanks to Lena.

Ana and Frederic

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Ana, thanks for the review and feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and yes we have now redecorated all the rooms since high season so hopefully addressed all the issues you encountered. We hope you have he opportunity to revisit us and enjoy the recent improvements. Best wishes Crispin

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Room was great. Overall facilities here were great as well. The ambiance was really nice as well. Staff was super friendly! And if you want to swim, it's better to swim from the deck. And if you're lucky enough, you could spot a big Sea Eel under the deck, hiding between the rocks!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Priscilla, many hanks for the kind review. Still lots of interesting residents under the pier from eels to lion fish and seahorses too. Hope you can come back in the future, Best wishes, Crispin.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

we had a Pleasant and confortable stay. the rooms are very nice and clean (we had standard room). the staff was very friendly and helpful, specially Lina.
the food was great, we really enjoy the breakfasts and the smoothies.
and they have a relaxing place in front of the corals :D

Room tip: NIce standard room
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Alan, Thanks for the review, will pass it in to Lina as always appreciated by all our staff.
Best wishes, Crispin