Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$37
StayForLong
All reviews black marlin take care crispin accommodation resort boat bali
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2018

All what is written here we can agree with. It's not easy to provide water and electricity in this beautiful place, also there's no internet, but that's no problem at all. We loved to stay there.
The highlight for us was to take a dive course with Crispin. Scared in the beginning, he gave us the opportunity just to try, but step by step, with amazing patience, he introduced us in the wonderful underwater world. He took us on 5 dives, we had the exam and received our Open Water License! Never would have thought to reach this.
Staying one week in Black Marlin, taking the dive course, go snorkeling on the beautiful sports in the area, swimming amongst the jelly fish and so on is one of the most amazing things you will ever do. Thanks to everyone in Black Marliln! Take care for your beautiful place.

Room tip: All rooms have seaview
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BMdive, Owner at Black Marlin Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi Remi, Lovely to hear from you and was a pleasure to introduce you to the underwater world and evn mre to have such understanding and appreciative guests. You are now part of the extended Black Marlin family and hope you will revisit us again soon or on the new resort on Una Una. Best wishes, Crispin

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The place and views is nice.

The rooms is fine and clean. Only have water for 4 hours a day ( for preservation the water)

The meals is more similar every day, no variety. Every morning is the same breakfast.

The worst is the mineral water, they sold a refill water for 10.000 rp for bottle, when a new bottle mineral water in the island near is 8.000. And 1 day they don’t have mineral water in a resort.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review and am glad that everything was fine with your room. We are renovating our kitchens at the moment and hope that we can offer a more varied menu in the future, but ingredients are limited in such an isolated location. I apologise if the refill policy was confusing but is to help reduce amount of plastic bottles consumed on the island. There is always mineral water available at the cafe and apologise if prices at the resort are not the same as in the market but think you will find any resort or hotel, club etc will always sell these items at a slightly higher price. I hope that you have the opportunity to revisit us and enjoy some of the recent improvements. Best wishes

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I am solo traveller living in KL and I needed a 7 day adventure somewhere remote to get away from the rat race. Togean proved to be the perfect place, it is remote and beautiful. Black Marlin were very accomodating from the first email.

The first impressive thing was that the owner waited for me whilst I managed to miss the earlier boat (the boat left early be aware) so after I arrived late I was informed that it was too late to head to the resort, but accomodation was kindly provided to me along with breakfast the next morning.

The next morning we got the boat to the resort and I took the duluxe room which I was very happy with, it had a great view and zero stress as meals are provided and dive times were flexible. It was very quiet when I was there and I really wanted to go to the bomber wreck. I was told that usually they do not book trips there with fewer than ten people or so but they made a special arrangement for me which I was very grateful for.

One of the things that stood out was the friendliness of the workers who played chess etc with me and the incredible kitchen staff who provided delicious healthy and fresh meals and asked if I had any preferences willing to accomodate were they could.

After the dives (safe and professional) I sadly headed to the ferry, everything was arranged for me including a meal before i departed and a boat back to Wakai. At Ampana unfortunately I had not taken enough money from the ATM, so I met the manager 'Lena' who drove me around to different ATMs so I could take money out.

After that I had to take the bus but not for another 5 hours. After I had paid Lena she kindly took me to her family home and even fed me whilst I waited for the bus. She even offered to give me money as I only had a very small amount left due to reaching my limit on my credit card. Very kind and went the extra mile.

Thank you Black Marlin. I will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Matt, Thank you for your kind review and so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be looking forward to your return visit. Best wishes, Crispin

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The resort is beautiful with all bungalows facing the sea and great common areas but needs some maintenance.
The food (included in the price)is amazing, fresh fish, veggies, tofu, chips, pasta, noodles, chicken.. all cooked at perfection! Breakfast is different every morning and we loved it every day!
There is an onsite dive center which is very handy for all those pretending to dive (dive spots are gorgeous) and real good snorkelling right at the resort’s beach.

We would go back for sure!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi, many thanks for the kind review and so happy you enjoyed your stay and the food. I will pass on to them as they love to hear it's appreciated. You'll be glad to hear all rooms have been redecorated since your stay so now looking good. We will look forward to having you back anytime. Best wishes Crispin

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

hello.

we spent 6 nights there in 3 different standard bangalows.

Positive :
Staff was exceptional (thank you Lena). even during Ramadhan (busy time) they were always welcoming and smiling. You made our trip in BM great.

Food was very good,diverse and good quantity. We enjoyed Lena's pancakes in the morning.

Location: free pick up from Wakai.good spot to chill out

Negative:(note for the owner)
BM need restauration work. We change 3 times the bengalows because in the 1st one the sink plumery was broken, then the 2d one the flush was broken
...
Even if there is fresh white painting in the walls and from outside it looks nice, bengalows are very humid. Even though the sheets are very clean, our both pillows had lot of moisture, i did not feel a very sane atmosphere in the bengalows and pillows were smelling humidity.

Hope you could arrange that in the future. Thank you for your kind attention. Spécial thanks to Lena.

Ana and Frederic

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Ana, thanks for the review and feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and yes we have now redecorated all the rooms since high season so hopefully addressed all the issues you encountered. We hope you have he opportunity to revisit us and enjoy the recent improvements. Best wishes Crispin