Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
528wolfgangm
Nagyatad, Hungary

not recommended

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Sept 2018via mobile
We stayed for 1 week in the Black Marlin Dive Resort for our diving vacation. The rooms were dirty, the bedsheets were used, the pillows were black because of moldiness. It rained into the bathroom. We complained about the defects severel times, after 3 days the Manager ordered the staff to clean - we think a little bit late... the excuse was, that the Lady who normaly cleans the room Is not here at the moment... i think this should not be told to guests...
Food was ok, but some times a bit less. For drinking water we had to pay! One day i asked for some water, them a stuff guy told me, that the bar is closed, because some stuff is sleeping. As i told them again, that i want some water right now he laughed and after a third time asking for water with a bit anger he filled my bottle. A definite no go that guests have to beg for water. We did not feel to be welcome, because we had to ask for everything we wanted; the staff was unmotivated; Therefor we prefered to visit the beachbar at the resort next to Black Marlin, the Kadidiri Paradise.
Diving was bad organized! There had been no briefings, long diving against strong current, even down current without any reaction of our guide - he never checked for current, even not after our announce that he should look for current. the staff smoked everywhere (we had headache after every dive!)

The corals were nice at some places, but sadly less fish!
Una Una was very nice!
We would not go back to Black Marlin, better go to Kadidiri Paradise or Bunaken! Much better for diving!
Date of stay: September 2018
BMdive, Owner at Black Marlin Dive Resort, responded to this review
Responded 15 Oct 2018
Hi Wolfgang, many thanks for the review and feedback but I am alittle surprised as doesn't really match up with what happened at the resort as I was there the whole period of your stay and we spoke specifically about the problems you had had with the room, sheets etc that were change on demand and pillows also until satisfied with what you had as we try to do with all our guests if they have any problems with any element of the resort. Drinking water is available during all meals and guests are free to refill their water bottles at this time for free during meal times. I apologise if you needed bottled water when that staff member was on a break and perhaps the cafe closed so the member of staff asked would not have had the keys or been sure if ok to allow someone in. I am most surprised by your problems with the diving as never mentioned it to me, even on our dive trip together to Una Una was not mentioned. Unfortunately at certain times of certain months the current can be rather unpredictable and strong. I have been diving the Togeans for over 20 years and can still be surprised even if check for current on entry, but naturally apologise if this effected your diving experience with us.and hope you have an opportunity to return so we have the opportunity to rectify your impressions. Hopefully you will communicate clearly any problems you encounter so they can be dealt in a timely manner and before you leave and ask for a discount, that not being given may lead to a negative review. Best regards and we hope to see you again
Get rewarded with One Key
    Free parking
    Seaview bamboo bungalow - Exterior
    41.3 km from Black Marlin Dive Resort
    View more hotels in Kadidiri Island
    All reviews black marlin jellyfish lake take care perfect place crispin dive electricity equipment accommodation resort boat island bali trips daytrip sharks
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Beautifull place. Liked the view, the sea. Enough to do. This place is really good organised. The owners are friendly and helpfull. You van snorkel right from the beach. Or hire a kayak and go to one of the deserted beaches. Loved the cottages. Nice and quiet.

Date of stay: September 2018
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    BMdive, Owner at Black Marlin Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Many thanks for your review and is so gratifying when our guests see how hard we work behind the scenes. Hope you can revisit us again soon

Reviewed 22 August 2018

All what is written here we can agree with. It's not easy to provide water and electricity in this beautiful place, also there's no internet, but that's no problem at all. We loved to stay there.
    The highlight for us was to take a dive course with Crispin. Scared in the beginning, he gave us the opportunity just to try, but step by step, with amazing patience, he introduced us in the wonderful underwater world. He took us on 5 dives, we had the exam and received our Open Water License! Never would have thought to reach this.
    Staying one week in Black Marlin, taking the dive course, go snorkeling on the beautiful sports in the area, swimming amongst the jelly fish and so on is one of the most amazing things you will ever do. Thanks to everyone in Black Marliln! Take care for your beautiful place.

Room tip: All rooms have seaview
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Remi, Lovely to hear from you and was a pleasure to introduce you to the underwater world and evn mre to have such understanding and appreciative guests. You are now part of the extended Black Marlin family and hope you will revisit us again soon or on the new resort on Una Una. Best wishes, Crispin

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The place and views is nice.

The rooms is fine and clean. Only have water for 4 hours a day ( for preservation the water)

The meals is more similar every day, no variety. Every morning is the same breakfast.

The worst is the mineral water, they sold a refill water for 10.000 rp for bottle, when a new bottle mineral water in the island near is 8.000. And 1 day they don’t have mineral water in a resort.

Date of stay: August 2018
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review and am glad that everything was fine with your room. We are renovating our kitchens at the moment and hope that we can offer a more varied menu in the future, but ingredients are limited in such an isolated location. I apologise if the refill policy was confusing but is to help reduce amount of plastic bottles consumed on the island. There is always mineral water available at the cafe and apologise if prices at the resort are not the same as in the market but think you will find any resort or hotel, club etc will always sell these items at a slightly higher price. I hope that you have the opportunity to revisit us and enjoy some of the recent improvements. Best wishes

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I am solo traveller living in KL and I needed a 7 day adventure somewhere remote to get away from the rat race. Togean proved to be the perfect place, it is remote and beautiful. Black Marlin were very accomodating from the first email.

The first impressive thing was that the owner waited for me whilst I managed to miss the earlier boat (the boat left early be aware) so after I arrived late I was informed that it was too late to head to the resort, but accomodation was kindly provided to me along with breakfast the next morning.

The next morning we got the boat to the resort and I took the duluxe room which I was very happy with, it had a great view and zero stress as meals are provided and dive times were flexible. It was very quiet when I was there and I really wanted to go to the bomber wreck. I was told that usually they do not book trips there with fewer than ten people or so but they made a special arrangement for me which I was very grateful for.

One of the things that stood out was the friendliness of the workers who played chess etc with me and the incredible kitchen staff who provided delicious healthy and fresh meals and asked if I had any preferences willing to accomodate were they could.

After the dives (safe and professional) I sadly headed to the ferry, everything was arranged for me including a meal before i departed and a boat back to Wakai. At Ampana unfortunately I had not taken enough money from the ATM, so I met the manager 'Lena' who drove me around to different ATMs so I could take money out.

After that I had to take the bus but not for another 5 hours. After I had paid Lena she kindly took me to her family home and even fed me whilst I waited for the bus. She even offered to give me money as I only had a very small amount left due to reaching my limit on my credit card. Very kind and went the extra mile.

Thank you Black Marlin. I will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Matt, Thank you for your kind review and so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be looking forward to your return visit. Best wishes, Crispin

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The resort is beautiful with all bungalows facing the sea and great common areas but needs some maintenance.
    The food (included in the price)is amazing, fresh fish, veggies, tofu, chips, pasta, noodles, chicken.. all cooked at perfection! Breakfast is different every morning and we loved it every day!
    There is an onsite dive center which is very handy for all those pretending to dive (dive spots are gorgeous) and real good snorkelling right at the resort’s beach.

We would go back for sure!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi, many thanks for the kind review and so happy you enjoyed your stay and the food. I will pass on to them as they love to hear it's appreciated. You'll be glad to hear all rooms have been redecorated since your stay so now looking good. We will look forward to having you back anytime. Best wishes Crispin