Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$38
View deal
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2019

I just finished a 3 night stay at Black Marlin and had a great time. The staff were particularly very welcoming, treating me very well during the entire time and being very helpful with everything. Siti (the cook) in particular was amazing, providing a fantastic service that went way beyond cooking some delicious homemade food. She is the sweetest person and made me feel at home, and even taught me some Indonesian words.

I stayed in a standard room which was nice, but the bathrooms could use an upgrade as someone has previously mentioned. The only reason why I’m not giving a 5 star review is that the room, and specially the bathroom, could be better cleaned. The resort was empty as this is low season and I was the only guest there during those 3 nights, so I wonder if this happened because the room had been unoccupied for a long time. The bed and bedsheets were clean and nice though.

Other than this, I really enjoyed the diving, although I didn’t go to Una Una to be able to compare.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

We spent four nights on Malenge and last four here, which was a nice mix.
Rooms are modern and comfy. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade. Does get hot at night without electricity and we didn’t want to sleep with door open because of critters.
Nice location for diving, nice corals, more nudibranch than around Malenge. Many crown of thorns around Togians which is a shame to the corals.
Easy walk through jungle where you can hear and see beautiful birds!
Thank you black marlin for our stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2019

I did my Advanced Open Water through Black Marlin and had an excellent experience. The instructors were lovely and they had great equipment. The setting was idyllic and I would gladly return for diving in the future! Ali - one of the local DMs is an absolute gem!

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 1 week in the Black Marlin Dive Resort for our diving vacation. The rooms were dirty, the bedsheets were used, the pillows were black because of moldiness. It rained into the bathroom. We complained about the defects severel times, after 3 days the Manager ordered the staff to clean - we think a little bit late... the excuse was, that the Lady who normaly cleans the room Is not here at the moment... i think this should not be told to guests...
Food was ok, but some times a bit less. For drinking water we had to pay! One day i asked for some water, them a stuff guy told me, that the bar is closed, because some stuff is sleeping. As i told them again, that i want some water right now he laughed and after a third time asking for water with a bit anger he filled my bottle. A definite no go that guests have to beg for water. We did not feel to be welcome, because we had to ask for everything we wanted; the staff was unmotivated; Therefor we prefered to visit the beachbar at the resort next to Black Marlin, the Kadidiri Paradise.
Diving was bad organized! There had been no briefings, long diving against strong current, even down current without any reaction of our guide - he never checked for current, even not after our announce that he should look for current. the staff smoked everywhere (we had headache after every dive!)

The corals were nice at some places, but sadly less fish!
Una Una was very nice!
We would not go back to Black Marlin, better go to Kadidiri Paradise or Bunaken! Much better for diving!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BMdive, Owner at Black Marlin Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi Wolfgang, many thanks for the review and feedback but I am alittle surprised as doesn't really match up with what happened at the resort as I was there the whole period of your stay and we spoke specifically about the problems you had had with the room, sheets etc that were change on demand and pillows also until satisfied with what you had as we try to do with all our guests if they have any problems with any element of the resort. Drinking water is available during all meals and guests are free to refill their water bottles at this time for free during meal times. I apologise if you needed bottled water when that staff member was on a break and perhaps the cafe closed so the member of staff asked would not have had the keys or been sure if ok to allow someone in. I am most surprised by your problems with the diving as never mentioned it to me, even on our dive trip together to Una Una was not mentioned. Unfortunately at certain times of certain months the current can be rather unpredictable and strong. I have been diving the Togeans for over 20 years and can still be surprised even if check for current on entry, but naturally apologise if this effected your diving experience with us.and hope you have an opportunity to return so we have the opportunity to rectify your impressions. Hopefully you will communicate clearly any problems you encounter so they can be dealt in a timely manner and before you leave and ask for a discount, that not being given may lead to a negative review. Best regards and we hope to see you again

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Beautifull place. Liked the view, the sea. Enough to do. This place is really good organised. The owners are friendly and helpfull. You van snorkel right from the beach. Or hire a kayak and go to one of the deserted beaches. Loved the cottages. Nice and quiet.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review and is so gratifying when our guests see how hard we work behind the scenes. Hope you can revisit us again soon