Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$37
StayForLong
All reviews black marlin take care crispin accommodation resort boat bali
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2019

When I saw the reviews about the resort I was a little bit worried how it will be. I can tell you that the bad reviews were written by spoiled rich people who don’t know how traveling looks like. You are in Indonesia. If you don’t want an experience just stay at home.
We had the best holiday ever in Black Marlin. You have just a couple of meters till the sea and a beautiful reef just in front of the resort. You can also experience one of the best sunsets on the jetty. The food prepared by Sity was amazing. From breakfast pancakes till the delicious dinners. She also accepted us in the kitchen and showed how she cooks this delicious meals.
The staff took really good care of us. They accepted us as family! We were hanging every day and night, singing, dancing, talking about life haha :D. Dives there were amazing (I must add that Una Una has the best dive sites in the world).
There are also animals in the bedrooms, but you need to accept that, you are on the edge of the rainforest. And it is the same evereywhere in the tropics (except in the 10star resorts on Bali<-disgusting).

They also have cute dogs who love to play and cuddle!

I would really highly recommend this resort to everyone (except to the spoiled western people, stay at home!).
In the end I would like to thank again to the staff, especially to Sity, Jeffrey and Mus. I hope we will meet again sometime!
Kind regards
Petra and Tjaž

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2019

Black Marlin

We are so happy with Black Marlin! The place is lovely, we had some nice dives and had a laugh with the friendly staff. The transfer to and from Wakai is very handy. The best thing for us about Black Marlin was the 'after sales care' if you could call it that. We had a while to wait in Wakai after our transfer before getting the ferry to Gorontalo at 4pm. We were taken to The Cottages (owned by the same crowd) and given food there and coffee. While there, we found out the ferry wasn't running so a group of travellers organised a private speedboat to get us to Gorontalo otherwise some of us would have missed flights. It turned into a nightmare and we had to turn back midway because of the bad weather. We went back to the cottages (which was starting to feel like our refuge) and lots of us were put up for the night at short notice. The following morning, Crispin, the owner of Black Marlin showed up, heard our stressful story and as soon as he found out we were headed back to Ampana to get a flight from Luwuk, he organised for a guy to pick us up in Ampana. His guy was great, picked us up at the port so we didn't get hassled, got two cars organised which brought us to Luwuk airport in time to catch the evening flight to Manado. We were travelling with a French familiy who had two young kids and we all just really needed to be looked after like that.
We can't compare Black Marlin with other resorts on the island or nearby, because we stayed our four nights there, but we can say that you can count on them to look after you when the going gets tough and sometimes on the Togean islands the going can get a little tough!
Thanks Black Marlin and especially Crispin
Rachel and Carlos

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 15 September 2019

Black Marlin staff was great- Ronal will greet you when you arrive and take care of all of your requests such as booking dives, arranging day tours around the Togean Islands, booking your ferry, and is even the resort masseuse! "Mama" the cook is delightful and even welcomed us Western travelers into her kitchen to make Spanish Tortillas and Bananas with Dulce de Leche for the staff one night. Diving and Scuba in Togean is beautiful, matched only by Bunaken. We were even lucky enough to swim with Pilot Whales (don't count on it though)! Rooms are very beautiful but get used to limited fresh water (it has to be brought in by boat) and zero WiFi. Enjoy the detox from your electronics for a few days and bask in the sun and water.

Room tip: Go for the Standard Bungalow or if you want a small splurge the Delux Bungalow.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 31 May 2019

I just finished a 3 night stay at Black Marlin and had a great time. The staff were particularly very welcoming, treating me very well during the entire time and being very helpful with everything. Siti (the cook) in particular was amazing, providing a fantastic service that went way beyond cooking some delicious homemade food. She is the sweetest person and made me feel at home, and even taught me some Indonesian words.

I stayed in a standard room which was nice, but the bathrooms could use an upgrade as someone has previously mentioned. The only reason why I’m not giving a 5 star review is that the room, and specially the bathroom, could be better cleaned. The resort was empty as this is low season and I was the only guest there during those 3 nights, so I wonder if this happened because the room had been unoccupied for a long time. The bed and bedsheets were clean and nice though.

Other than this, I really enjoyed the diving, although I didn’t go to Una Una to be able to compare.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

We spent four nights on Malenge and last four here, which was a nice mix.
Rooms are modern and comfy. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade. Does get hot at night without electricity and we didn’t want to sleep with door open because of critters.
Nice location for diving, nice corals, more nudibranch than around Malenge. Many crown of thorns around Togians which is a shame to the corals.
Easy walk through jungle where you can hear and see beautiful birds!
Thank you black marlin for our stay.

Date of stay: November 2018