B&B Kia Ora(Casares)
Book now, pay at stay
US$127
Albayt Beach(Casares)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsel jardinbeach clubolympic sizean executive suitepool restaurantfamily poolelegant hoteladult only pooldon giovannipool suiteprivate terracefree shuttlesnow roomsnow cavelong weekendmain poolmalaga airport
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Having visited Finca Cortesin twice now, it is without doubt an amazing property that makes you glad to be alive!

From driving into the main courtyard draped with colourful flowers, you are ushered to reception where all the staff appear to be (very friendly) catwalk models. We were then sent to the bar whilst our room was being prepared and given drinks and some light nibbles.

On-site there are two outdoor adult pools, a children's outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Poolside there is a restaurant and bar offering light snacks and lunch.

The gardens are lush with flowers and perfectly maintained. The view of the sea over the gardens in the summer sun will leave you speechless - you will know you are in a great place.

There is also a private beach club which is serviced by a hotel courtesy Mercedes and you can be there in 10 minutes. There are more pools there, a bar/restaurant and of course, the beach.

Rooms are all very generously sized with lots of wardrobe space, well designed bathrooms with strong showers and living areas.

In the evening there is live music and candles around the edge of the garden make it a magical setting as residents gather for after-dinner drinks with music.

The main building is old world from outside but very stylish Spanish influence inside. All the restaurants offer excellent food choice and drinks menus. Don Giovanni was my favourite as you can eat dinner under the stars in the outside area.

There is a good size gym with modern equipment which allows you to burn off a few calories (even for a few hours!)

Service is impeccable and very thorough - I could not fault it. The General Manager was very visible and greeted us at check in and made sure to check on us throughout.

This is not a lively, party place though there is a great vibe at the beach club. This is, however, a great place to visit if you want chill-out, serenity and space. The heat and quiet brings a calm that you will not get in a city centre. You could be a thousand miles from anywhere. The pace is relaxed and besides the gentle sound of other guests doing laps in the pool, all you will hear is distant chatter of other guests.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NotTheUsualDotBlog
FincaCortesin, Manager at Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Nottheusualdotblog,
I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel and rating us with the highest score. It is great to hear that you find the staff, rooms and location so wonderful.

On behalf of the team we thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved our visit to this wonderful place. The entire staff could not have been more friendly or attentive. El Jardin and Kabuki Raw restaurants were outstanding. Beach club is beautiful as are the selection of swimming pools (four of them!) including a much appreciated, tranquil "adults only" pool. Room was also spacious and airy with a gorgeous view. Outstanding spa facilities with highly trained massage therapists. One of the best resorts I have visited in Europe. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Marcd110,

Thank you kindly for your glowing review of your most recent stay with us at Finca Cortesin. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for calling out the team's service that you received. We are thrilled by your reaction to your visit and thank you so much for making your positive feedback known. We hope it won’t be too long before we have the opportunity to welcome you back !
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have just stayed for 5 days before the start of the main school holidays . We had a bit of a quiet period in the business we run and Scott Dunn Private suggested this as an upmarket place to chill for a few days .

We were collected from Malaga airport in a limo organised by the hotel then having a swift 1 hour journey to the resort . First impressions very good , beautiful building , attentive staff , easy check in and swiftly taken to our suite number 6 , lovely room with everything you would expect.

We had booked massages in the spa for late afternoon to relax us after our early start , the spa is lovely , indoor pool and various different rooms to chill in ,try the snow cave absolutely freezing, didn't stay in there long but an experience. I have had massages all over the world some good some indifferent, this was amazing, I can't remember the guys name but boy he was good,my husband recommended his .

We used the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner on a few occasions, very civilised, no buffet here , all ala carte, massive choices . Dinner was lovely under the stars , very knowledgeable sommelier who recommended some very nice Spanish wines to accompany our dinner choices . Mostly couples with a few well behaved children that never spoilt the atmosphere.

We went to the beach club one day but we're slightly disappointed not with the club itself but the surroundings.there was a JCB bashing away on the public beach ( which isn't the most attractive stretch of beach I've ever seen)in front of the club and a busy Dual carriage way behind . Whilst none of this is anything the club can do anything about it just wasn't for us . The restaurant there served very good seafood and paellas for lunch. The beach club is a kilometre or so from the main resort , the have a shuttle every 15 minutes or so to take you there .

There are two pools the 35 m family pool and the 50 m adult only pool . We spent our time at the family pool as the bar and pool restaurant were there, there were plenty of sunbeds spaced well apart , generally it was very quiet most of the time but I could see it being rammed in the height of the summer.

We didn't use the gym as we were relaxing but it did seem well attended.

We arranged a hotel limo to take us into Puerto Banus one evening for dinner, it took about 30 minutes. We haven't been there for years and remember it as an upmarket place to eat and have a drink whilst watching the world go by , well it is now very downmarket with hordes of hen, stag dos and large groups , I certainly wouldn't feel happy there late in the evening . The return limo was waiting for us in the agreed place , really pleased with the service.

Now the reason I didn't give the place 5 stars and this is just our personal opinion and nothing the hotel can do anything about but a couple of afternoons were spoilt by a couple of British families in the pool , not the children but the booming parents who have no filter on there loud middle class voices , no we don't want to here about your pool at home , your not the only one who's got one and to the man who spent all his time calling his children darling at the top of his voice take a leaf out of the Spanish families book and turn it down !

Other than that we had a really lovely time. I was amazed to realise the the finca is not that old I genuinely felt the it was very old so well has it been done . All of the staff without exception were really pleasant and accommodating . It's not a place to come if you are on a budget, but if you like good facilities and an a peaceful atmosphere out of school holidays give it a go .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Wokingsurreyscruffy,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your stay with us here at Finca Cortesin.
I very much appreciate your positive feedback, particularly about the team and your visit to our Spa and to el Jardin Restaurant for breakfast.
I do apologise for the difficulties you experienced at the Beach Club, Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Well let me say that I love this facility so much that we are thinking about buying a home here. The staff from Renee Zimmer all the way down to the servers are top notch and there is nothing they will not do. They are soo lovely that on our way here form Italy the front desk manager Amanda on maternity break actually saw my wife and I in the airport and with her newborn cam over to say hello that is how nice and friendly everyone is. But let me caution some of you looking for a party place this si not one. It is highly refined but with a country feel. The family that owns this hotel continues to maintain it to the highest levels and it shows. The golf course is fantastic as is the spa and beach club. There are plenty of families that come here it they offer an adults only pool for those of you who want serenity and peace. Its location makes it easy to get to form Malaga or Gibraltar. So if you come relax rest and enjoy you will certainly feel it here after you unwind.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Troll8773
FincaCortesin, General Manager at Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Troll8773

I am delighted to read that you have once again thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Finca Cortesin!
It is great to hear that you find our resort your Home away from home and that the staff, rooms and location are so wonderful. I am delighted to read your kind words and to know that my team in particular, Amanda, who was on maternity break, provided such wonderful service by saying hello to you at the airport. It makes me very proud of my team to know how their care and heartfelt efforts to make your stay such an enjoyable one.
We remain at your service at any time and we cannot wait until you return back to our resort next summer!
Rene Zimmer

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This is THE place to stay. We had a beautiful few days in this stylish hotel having travelled down from Madrid by train. Rooms are superb and the whole place is relaxing and perfectly judged. Great food - and the Japanese restaurant is a must, one of the best I've eaten at. The staff are friendly and were great at organising golf in nearby courses. Tee time at Valderrama? no problem. I just love this hotel and can't wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2017

Dear DavidK, I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Finca Cortesin! It is great to hear that you find the staff, rooms and location so wonderful. Thank you also for highlighting how wonderful our Japanese restaurant Kabuki Raw is, we are really proud to have such as Gourmet restaurant within the resort!
Kind regards,