Panorama Palace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mega Mare(Vico Equense)
  • Pool
Hotel Albatros(Piano di Sorrento)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Soleluna(Piano di Sorrento)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewsnaples gulfhotel staff isbreakfast and dinnerformulapasqualepompeii
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I stayed in Panorama Hotel with my family in October and I have to say that this hotel was quite a surprise.
Perfect for a family, it is not in a crowded area and you are just few minutes far away from many nice cities all around. For sure having a car (we rented one) is an added value as the public transportation is not excellent.
We got a double room with a king size bed and 2 small beds for the children, housekeeping was regular and with good standards. Hotel staff is nice and warn as usual in south of Italy.
Having a car to visit the amazing area around, we preferred to get a B&B formula.
Price was average but for sure more convenient than other more posh cities around Meta.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
L D, Proprietario at Panorama Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Alvaro,
Thank you very much for choosing us for your last stay in Sorrento Coast and thanks for your kind review.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future and I wish you a lovely day.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Ok, what a cute and interesting spot. Firstly, it is located in an absolutely beautiful nook overlooking the Bay-breathtaking really! Secondly, we had a warm reception, almost had a family-type feeling. Now the hotel has some aspects that remind you a of a once upon a time glamorous feeling and other areas that could do with an update. That being said, once you got over the fact that you are not staying in a cookie cutter "Marriott" type place you can start to enjoy yourself. It's almost like going back in time. I found the dining room staff so warm and friendly. They went out of their way to help us feel comfortable. The food was delicious and plentiful. The negatives are the dated decor, wifi in the lobby only, but that being said, you are in Italy on the coast-really are you hanging around inside? We stayed in multiple hotels during our trip. Most of them were nondescript and you can hardly remember one from another or one city from another, because once you are in your room, you can be anywhere. Well, that's not the way I remember the Panorama Palace. it is a distinctive set of memories in a distinctive place.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I thank you very much for your kind review and hope to welcome you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Only given it a one star review as there was no 'nil' option.

Quite possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Room and bedsheets smell; wifi only works in the lobby and poorly at that; staff not only very unhelpful but also rude; food leaves much to be desired, and portions very small (though perhaps a good thing).

Tiled floors in rooms - if there was any carpet/wood flooring I would sleep on the floor and get a better nights sleep.

Shower compartment is tiny, when the doors close, the room floods completely, they are that ill fitting. A colleague of mine couldn't empty the bath, which caused his room to flood from the floor upwards. It seems the Roman marvel of plumbing, works better in the ruins of Pompeii (despite being buried for over 2000 years) than in the hotel. The water comes out cloudy white.

Before any starters were served, one usually has to wait at least 20 minutes, at best. Breakfast consists of a buffet: last night's bread or a croissant of dubious origin. I have never been served with the word 'attention' before, and upon asking for more water (the only drink on offer) 'go over there'. The food is very much hit and miss - one day it might be edible, the next totally indigestible.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank A_Classical_Scholar
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Stayed here at the beginning of September and initially was pleased with the reception and was told we had our room upgraded free of charge. Goodness knows what the other rooms were like!! We had a lovely view of the sea and coast from our room but the amenities were very basic. No safe in our room as advertised, no information in the room about the services or local area. we had a mini bar but I had to ask at reception for some glasses to drink out of. Although very clean the furniture was tired and tatty. The water pressure was very poor and sometimes non existent, you had to let the brown residue run through every time you used the shower or sink. The rubber was hanging off the shower door so water went over the floor every time you used it. The towels were like giant cotton tea towels and some were thread bare. The restaurant was another thing entirely!! first night there we decided to eat in the hotel and asked for a menu. The head waiter said as the menu was in Italian he would tell us what was on offer. We asked how much the food would be and he said he didn't know!! The food was ok. Expedia who we booked through had text me for my initial impression of the hotel and I gave honest answers. The following afternoon I was contacted in my room by the hotel owner who came to speak to me and my husband in our room. He was very irate about the feed back I had given Expedia and in fact quite rude and irrational.
Not a good start to our holiday. the following day my husband spoke to the owner in reception and asked why the restaurant did not have a menu and how much were the meals. It was a straight reply, they don't have a menu and the food is 10 euros each for starter and pudding and 20 euros for main course. As there were very few restaurants in the area we decided to risk the hotel restaurant again one night when it was raining and asked what was on the menu, this time we were told meat or fish, no choice of vegetables or anything. This hotel appears to cater for coach parties that have set menus with a choice of three main courses and their tables laid up ready for them with the menus on the table. ( I can read a little German) Their menus were not in Italian!!
If you are thinking about sitting round the swimming pool to relax after a swim, don't bother, there are no chairs or sun beds, the pool is at the back of the hotel on the lower ground floor and does not look inviting. It would mean going for a swim and having to go back up to your room the dry and dress. The bar shown on the advert is very pleasant but is across the road from the hotel and as there are only two staff to manage it the one in the hotel closes if the outside one is open and neither opened before 4pm. I could go on as I was so disappointed with my first visit to Italy and who ever gave this hotel a four star rating should be sacked.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor over looking the sea are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beryl B
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was the worst experience I've ever had. The rooms smell of mold, the bathroom was full of rust and dampness everywhere and the food was horrible. They gave us the same thing for breakfast for 8 days, ham, cheese, butter and some croissants with tea and coffee. Without a trace of fruits, vegetables, milk, yoghurt or something else. This hotel is veeery far away from a 4 star hotel, it is maybe a 1 star motel. I had more photos to show, but they only let me put 10 photos.
I would never recommend this hotel nor the agency from where we buy the trip, Paralela 45 Romania.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family