D'Aria Guest Cottages
  • Restaurant
US$110
US$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesstocked mini barcape areaworking wine farmcomplimentary bottlefresh fruiteasy accessbloubergstrandvineseatspoplarbraaiwinelandsweddingbedroomestateaccommodation
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Well, I acted on a suggestion by a friend. Had my doubts that it can be too far out of Cape Town. Not too far from the airport, it was an easy drive. The cottage is well equipped with very good wines. The free gift, a D'Aria Shiraz 2014 was a good night cap, actually an excellent wine. I can imagine the beauty and scenery traveling to Cape Town once the sun is up.
My friend's suggestion was a good one. Keep in mind that you need to fetch the keys to the cottage at the restaurant should you arrive after hours.

Room Tip: The accomodation consists of self contained cottages.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017

D"Aria is the home of Poplars restaurant - which we have not tried for a while - but this time we visited late afternoon and went down to the tasting centre. This has a deck in front, overlooking a pretty little lake, surrounded by trees and with a water spout in the middle. The wines were generally good, but we were intrigued by the 5 year-old potstill brandy (a bit on the sweet side though). Unfortunately the 10-year old is not available to the public. Gourmet burgers can also be enjoyed here. Casual.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here. The cottages are large, well furnished and have an excellent mini-bar and snacks. The setting is beautiful, with the cottages being surrounded by vineyards. And the prices are good, we thought we would be paying much more for a venue of this quality.

It also must be mentioned that the restaurant is excellent, I had the venison loin, and as someone who only eats wild game meat, this was one of the best I have had.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Popped in here for a Sunday breakfast. The dining room was snug with an open fire and cosy seating. Very limited menu as they cater for the accomodated guests and it's not a big place. So disappointed that the food didn't match the 'vibe'. A manager who seemed generally disinterested; animated discussion about the temperature of coffee - I always ask for 'extra hot' wherever I am, as so many people seem to drink tepid tea/coffee. He told me he had to walk '75 yards' from the kitchen... (?!) Actually my coffee was fine, but my eggs were stone cold which was odd. Maybe to do with having seen someone start to bring our two plates and then see the manager make them return to the kitchen. perhaps something was missing...? Anyway, they were replaced, but by then my husband had finished his breakfast. So much for a lazy Sunday breakfast together. Such a shame. Our waiter, on the other hand, was particularly helpful, engaging and polite. He apologised but the manager didn't look remotely bothered. Have a feeling that staff relations may not be great. A tip is set in the bill so you aren't free to use your discretion unless you hand extra over to your waitron yourself. Husband is still angry at the senior staff attitude. Won't be returning I'm afraid. In fact we ducked into Bloemendal on the way home for a coffee which was a vast improvement...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed the time here, and with the hot weather Cape Town had the air-con was very welcome. Also like the fact that it is central in Cape Town area. Will be back if we are visiting Cape Town again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family