See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I come to Bad Buchau annually to visit an aging relative. Once I found Hotel Pension Stern I never wanted to stay anywhere else. The owners are on site at all times, and truly dedicated to the enjoyment of their guests. Seldomly have I met people more "made" for their profession than Peter, the owner. There is parking on the street right in front of the hotel, and you are just a short walk from the pretty Buchau market place and the huge health center. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have lots of personal touches (contrary to most German hotel rooms which are invariably clean and comfortable but without any ambiance of any kind) . Each year the owners seem to add yet more amenities or refurbishments to the benefit of their guests. And the breakfast is fabulous - do not miss it. If you are staying in Bad Buchau, you cannot go wrong by staying at Hotel Pension Stern,

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This "pension" is small, but the rooms are spacious and very clean.

The host, Peter, is a nice person. He is kind and friendly and helped to make my stay very comfortable.

If you are in the area, I highly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We had a blast at this cosy family-run hotel in Bad Buchau. The owners went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, the room was very spaceous and quiet even with open windows.
The breakfast buffet could very well be of a 5-star hotel. Loads to choose from and all very tasty and of high quality. Again service was quick, friendly and welcomming. Be sure to try the scrambled eggs made just for you with various ingredients to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2014

I was there for Business, booked by Booking.com due to the good ranking for quality and the special offer. I arrived on late (24.00) instead of late afternoon but they did everything needed to make my staying comfortable: car-park for me (with custom panel with my name!), reception was closed but they gave me a code to get all keys to reach the room (Automatic Key Dispenser!). Inside a very good room, clean, many accessories, wi-fi free-and-fast connection, super breakfast. I highlight the kind attention of owner Peter and daughter that welcomes guests introducing his services and asking for eventual needs. Really a great Choice!

Room Tip: My tip is anyway to call them. They will add many other services and attentions than Booking.com described.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
peterneudert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Pension Stern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Hello Giuseppe P.,
Seven Hotels - and ours was the best one. A big thanks for this good assessment. We are really proud to hear such good things. Our house is small so we can not have the reception always open so thank you that you have accept our keyboy. We always try that our guests feel comfortable. Hospitality and Service is absolutely important for us. We hope that you will vistit us again anytime.
Best regards from Bad Buchau am Federsee.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I spent three weeks travelling the Rhine / Danube area, stayed in seven hotels, and the Hotel Pension Stern was the best. Peter and Edith Neudert run a charming, clean, comfortable hotel, very friendly and yet very professional. My room was sunny, spacious, a lovely bathroom, balcony with table and chairs, and with a coffee maker, fridge, and room safe (not standard equipment at other mid-priced hotels). The delicious breakfast was warm and cozy, and Herr Peter placed an American flag on my table to make me feel at home. He also has British, French, etc. flags for guests from all over. Nice touch. Herr Peter also spent a good amount of time helping me find the most interesting places to visit in the region, especially the Upper Swabian Baroque Route, which I enjoyed visiting immensely! Don't miss this great hotel!

Room Tip: Street noise is minimal -- Bad Buchau is a lovely small town, and you can walk to very nice restaurants. Herr Peter Neudert will do the best for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo