See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My first visit in 2012 was remarkably great, the conference facilities and hospitality. The second visit was also good and so the third one in the very. Come the fourth visit in 2017, much had not changed.

Room tip: The family suites are good
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I can't believe I visited here when I was 15 for my dad's 40th! I'm now 40! We had a brilliant time but the food was awful apart from the toasties at the pool bar. The photographs I see are the exact same as what it was like when we stayed. I have brilliant memories of my holiday. We met a lovely local man who took us out on his catamaran and took us a tour into Mombassa town. I don't think I would return now and sad to see such poor reviews but just wanted to post that myself and family had a great time and definitely a holiday we remembered and learned alot from. Very sad to read the hotel is not of the same standard. It was also called a different name 25 years ago.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are so so old fashioned, curtains, bed linen, towels are so so old, worn out and unclean. The rooms look so drab, grey, gloomy and has dull wall paint colour. The TV is so so small (like the smallest computer monitor you've seen) with only 2 channels and unclear reception. The apartments still have those old tube TV's....Your mood immediately gets deflated the moment you enter the room. The bathroom has rusted shower taps, toilets had stains and broken flasher. The bulbs were a different colours. The pool has stained tiles. The walls around the pool area have mould and seem not to have been painted for a long while. Basically the hotel is seriously lacking in maintenance. The facility is run down. Don't be cheated by the way the reception looks. I did not get value for money. Jumia might want to reconsider their 7.6 rating - what is based on? I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Mamu_Jorge
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We went as a family for almost 3 weeks recently in Aug 2017.
For starters the room need complete renovation especially the bathroom. There was constantly no hot water in spite of repeated complaints to the reception. And the toilet looked outdated

On our arrival nobody give us a pre talk on how to use the utilities within the room nor was there a welcoming pack. its only when we were about to leave in two days time that we discovered a leaflet hidden at the back of the room bible!!

The a/c is an outdated model which kept pouring out its condensation contents but that issue was later repaired. The room service phone never worked but it was repaired then kept on failing!!

However the rooms were cleaned almost everyday.

Within the restaurant , never mind the dress code!! the service was too slow and patience at this stage was needed. Although the dinning area was generally clean and staff where helpful.

The food menu was also most the same at the period when we were there and the food menu and taste only improved in the last days when we about to leave.

Also there is minimum communication with the depts. where by when you pay the drinks for instance the reception still claimed that you still owed them monies for the same drinks we paid for previously. Therefore we had to keep checking with the reception in terms of any outstanding bills.
There is no any other entertainment apart from swimming, on heading towards the beach which is on a positive note within a touching distance or going to town.

I have given them two stars because its location near the beach, Harier Park and easy proximity of access to Mombasa town being located on Msa-Malindi Road.

The Wi-Fi service was really terrible. it would only operated around the swimming areas at times or near the restaurant area other times. therefore accessing your emails was very difficult in your room unless you kept venturing out to these areas for the internet. For the kids they become restless when they became bored of swimming, beach or outside activities especially in the night.

Otherwise I would never recommend it to anyone as their holiday destination especially if one intends to stay more than 3 days.

Room tip: would advise to look for another place
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank coolioaster
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't go back to this hotel even if they paid me to... It's like the hotel was constantly trying to disappoint me... Bad food, indifferent staff members, ridiculous rules... Really, if Milele is the standard that church-ran hotels are having, then churches really shouldn't have any business running hotels... We were limited to having one piece of fish each, no sandals at the dining area (really now???In coast???), we had dinner one night and the following morning when we used the same table, it hadn't been cleaned!!! In fact, it had black ants!!! The water from the shower was so hard, you couldn't even use soap!!!! It was was so bad, I can't recommend this hotel to anyone unless their remaining alternative is to sleep in the streets...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple