“Pizza fine, shame about the terrible service!”

Restaurante Pizzeria Meson del Gallo
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Albarracin
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is opened since more than 1200 years. Now this restaurant is managed by Giuseppe (italian) and Isabel (spanish) which wants to offer a fusion of the two mediterranean cousines. They also offer the traditional italian pizza.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We ate here as it was downstairs from our hotel. We were ushered onto a table right next to another couple, when the restaurant was completely empty. The waiter anticipated many more guests but it was already 9.30 on a Sunday night so I didn't think this was really necessary. We ordered two large beers, a salad and pizzas. When the waiter took the order, I asked if we could also have two glasses of water, to which he said we could have a bottle. I said we didn't need a bottle, just two glasses of tap water, to which he was extremely rude. I would understand if they were the only drinks we had ordered, but we had also ordered beers and food. The tap water is perfectly drinkable, and I really haven't experienced this anywhere else in Spain except where the local water does not taste good (we have lived in Spain for 5 years). The waiter finally said we could have two glasses but they would be warm and would taste bad, and if we wanted any more we would have to order a bottle.
Try to get staff who actually enjoy working for you, as we also heard him being rude to other customers. This was all in Spanish, and there was no language barrier. After that he slammed our glasses and plates down. Just utter, utter rudeness. Go somewhere else in Albarracin!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Very good pizzas - Italian chef, apparently. The big advantage is that it seems to always be open, unlike most of the other Albarracín restaurants, which seem to take great delight in being closed.

It's a good restaurant, though, and we'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We had pizzas. They were ok, but nothing more. Service was, again, ok, but nothing more. The atmosphere is not good, with dark walls.

Pino D, Gerente at Restaurante Pizzeria Meson del Gallo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thanks Mr. Glahn for your opinion.

But I don't agree with your opinion.
I am Italian and I know very well what is a good pizza.
Several italian peoples considers our pizzas one of the best in the region.

It's clear that if you are used to the american style pizzas, in our pizzeria you will not find it.

For the service, you visit our restaurant during the Easter period where Albarracin is crowded of turists.

For the walls, I consider the local well dressed according to the ancient village of Albarracin.

Best Regards

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Started our meal by sharing a house salad which looked and tasted very good. We both chose from the extensive list of wood-fired pizzas. They were lovely. Unfortunately we were so full we didn't make it to the tiramisu! We wished we had shared a pizza so that we could have it as it looked so delicious. Good value for money

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic pizza & scrumptious Tiramisu. I've always been disappointed with pizza in Spain (yes I know it's not Italy!!) but here it was truly outstanding. I was with my niece & I introduced her to Tiramisu. Needless to say she's a convert. Great place!