RK Hotel El Cabo(Agaete)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
US$69
Casa Luna(Agaete)
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsdirect access to the poolpool barsteep pathgran canariaother hotel guestslocal portlovely hotelsea viewfour star hotelcomfortable roomevening buffetlas nieveshire carhot and cold foodthe cliffnice balconyspent nights
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Good place for a get away from it all break. The hotel is very comfy and staff are friendly. Plenty of loungers, no towel booking needed.

Ideal for adults not wanting to be inundated with noisy children (There were a few during our week but a few is fine!)

Hotel staff all very friendly and polite too.

Agaete is a tiny place, we only found 2 restaurants we would return to, La Caleta and Ragu but menus are big enough that between them you can eat something different every night for a week.

The hotel buffet restaurant offers a good variety of pleasant but not particularly special starters and desserts and offers a very limited a la carte choice (3 basic dishes) and, bizarrely, don't indicate what the 4-6 hot dishes on the buffet are/contain.

Thoroughly enjoyed an 8 day stay. Only the lack of restaurant choices would stop us going again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stayed here the first week of October and enjoyed it. If you are after a quiet, relaxing stay: this fits the bill. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable - we had one on the 3rd floor with a great view of the sea from a secluded balcony. The food was very good: both at breakfast and dinner, with sufficient variety. There was a constant supply of bottled water in the room, although it could have done with a kettle - we read the previous reviews and brought our own.. The hotel is close to the village where there is a good variety of restaurants, although we found the best one to be right around the corner: La Caleta! The staff were very polite and generally helpful; however we did get incorrect instructions for the bus on one occasion, when it turned out that the bus stopped elsewhere... The downside was that the hotel does lack atmosphere: it could really do with more plants, wall art, interesting lighting, mood music in the common areas, eg: like La Caleta. The spa and gym were great.

Room Tip: The deluxe sea view is worth paying for.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WjkB
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed at this hotel seven nights at the beginning of October. My aim was to find a relaxing place in the sun where I would be able to distress. Luckily I did. My room was on the top floor with an amazing see view from the balcony. I was travelling solo, but the room would have been spacious enough even with a companion. The daily cleaning was always done well too, and so it was throughout the resort. The Spa offered a good range of treatments, and I chose a body massage which was soothing. However, what completed my holyday was the help and assistance I received from the staff during my stay. All of the personel working there are friendly, very polite and ready to help. In particular, I would like to say a big thank you to Katherina, Ricardo, Anika, and the head waiter (sorry if the names have been splelt wrong). If I could give you more than 5 ratings, I would, just because of this. Great customer service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank elondon17
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We visited early October 2017 on b&b basis. Quiet relaxing resort good for chilling located on top of a hill. Exactly what was needed after we arrived at Gatwick and Monarch went bust.. luckily found alternative flight! Undertaking external painting (seems to be mainly finished) but no effect on our stay. Helpful staff. My wife had a fantastic reflexology session in the spa. Breakfasts are continental with good variety and quality. Rooms are spacious and clean. Main pool tended to be a little cold. Puerto de las Nieves is a 15 minute or so walk via the Salinas sea pools but down a steep path. For those that could not use this local taxis are cheap (E3.50 from Agaete back to resort). Good variety of restaurants at Puerto mainly fish menu. Agaete is a similar walk but limited things to do there. One couple we met was getting to the airport by bus as buses are cheap so if you have the time and want to save money this could be an option to look at for transfer although we gathered from them a change in Las Palmas may be required (Taxi c E70 one way).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicfergusson
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel after reading some of the reviews on here. We were looking for a quiet hotel, and with the hope of the some spa treatments.

I want to say from the outset that every single member of staff that we came into contact with was friendly, polite and very helpful. Particular thanks to Esau on reception for helping us when we were stranded by our airport transfer (don't use Holiday Taxis) at 3am on our day of departure.

I really feel that we should have been informed up front that the hotel was undergoing renovations, this may have made us rethink our stay. The room itself was clean and comfortable but it's the small things that made our week long stay slightly less relaxing than we would have liked. For example the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room, the lack of room service. It might be a British thing but we really did miss our hot drink at bed time that wasn't a €2 cup of rocket fuelled espresso.

The buffet breakfast food was ok, but got a bit tiresome towards the end of the week. The evening dinner was reasonable for €18 (drinks not included) but there is a local problem with flies and this was a bit off putting having to brush them off the salads and breads.

There is little to no local amenities, the closest shop that we found was the Spar which was a good 20 min walk, the path down to the local village is steep and not suitable for the less mobile.

I've read this on another review and I would agree - the hotel lacked atmosphere. On the last night we tried to get one last cocktail from the pool bar at around 7.15pm, to be told that the bar was closing, but the bar upstairs from the main reception would be opening shortly. We waited until 8pm and no-one came to serve us, so we retired to our room without our farewell cocktail.

The spa charges, I was quite surprised by this given that the hotel is 4*, I understand that the treatments are chargeable but every other hotel spa that we have stayed in has never charged for the use of the jacuzzi/spa pools. That's a little disappointing.

This hotel is perfect for people looking for a complete getaway, don't mind a bit of a walk to the local town and like fresh fish then this is the place for you.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple