Hotel & Spa Cordial Roca Negra
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Puerto De Las Nieves(Agaete)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotel JM El Pino(Teror)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
El Lance(Firgas)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdirect access to the poolsteep pathpool barclassic roomgran canariaoutdoor jacuzziother hotel guestslovely hotellocal portsea viewfour star hotelcomfortable roomevening buffethire carlas nieveshot and cold foodthe cliff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2017

A modern hotel in a beautiful location with excellent rooms and spa facilities. We had a superior room on floor 3 with lovely sea views. The hotel is definitely laid back with a family friendly atmosphere - a good childrens pool and attentive life guards all day. Its location overlooking a pristine coastline is superb. 20 minutes walk takes you to the fish restaurants in the port. We chose not to eat in the hotel in the evenings as the dining room looked austere. I will happily return either as a couple or with other family members for a sunny relaxing break

Room Tip: top floor best views ask for family and interconnected rooms on lower floors
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Good place for a get away from it all break. The hotel is very comfy and staff are friendly. Plenty of loungers, no towel booking needed.

Ideal for adults not wanting to be inundated with noisy children (There were a few during our week but a few is fine!)

Hotel staff all very friendly and polite too.

Agaete is a tiny place, we only found 2 restaurants we would return to, La Caleta and Ragu but menus are big enough that between them you can eat something different every night for a week.

The hotel buffet restaurant offers a good variety of pleasant but not particularly special starters and desserts and offers a very limited a la carte choice (3 basic dishes) and, bizarrely, don't indicate what the 4-6 hot dishes on the buffet are/contain.

Thoroughly enjoyed an 8 day stay. Only the lack of restaurant choices would stop us going again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stayed here the first week of October and enjoyed it. If you are after a quiet, relaxing stay: this fits the bill. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable - we had one on the 3rd floor with a great view of the sea from a secluded balcony. The food was very good: both at breakfast and dinner, with sufficient variety. There was a constant supply of bottled water in the room, although it could have done with a kettle - we read the previous reviews and brought our own.. The hotel is close to the village where there is a good variety of restaurants, although we found the best one to be right around the corner: La Caleta! The staff were very polite and generally helpful; however we did get incorrect instructions for the bus on one occasion, when it turned out that the bus stopped elsewhere... The downside was that the hotel does lack atmosphere: it could really do with more plants, wall art, interesting lighting, mood music in the common areas, eg: like La Caleta. The spa and gym were great.

Room Tip: The deluxe sea view is worth paying for.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WjkB
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed at this hotel seven nights at the beginning of October. My aim was to find a relaxing place in the sun where I would be able to distress. Luckily I did. My room was on the top floor with an amazing see view from the balcony. I was travelling solo, but the room would have been spacious enough even with a companion. The daily cleaning was always done well too, and so it was throughout the resort. The Spa offered a good range of treatments, and I chose a body massage which was soothing. However, what completed my holyday was the help and assistance I received from the staff during my stay. All of the personel working there are friendly, very polite and ready to help. In particular, I would like to say a big thank you to Katherina, Ricardo, Anika, and the head waiter (sorry if the names have been splelt wrong). If I could give you more than 5 ratings, I would, just because of this. Great customer service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank elondon17
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We visited early October 2017 on b&b basis. Quiet relaxing resort good for chilling located on top of a hill. Exactly what was needed after we arrived at Gatwick and Monarch went bust.. luckily found alternative flight! Undertaking external painting (seems to be mainly finished) but no effect on our stay. Helpful staff. My wife had a fantastic reflexology session in the spa. Breakfasts are continental with good variety and quality. Rooms are spacious and clean. Main pool tended to be a little cold. Puerto de las Nieves is a 15 minute or so walk via the Salinas sea pools but down a steep path. For those that could not use this local taxis are cheap (E3.50 from Agaete back to resort). Good variety of restaurants at Puerto mainly fish menu. Agaete is a similar walk but limited things to do there. One couple we met was getting to the airport by bus as buses are cheap so if you have the time and want to save money this could be an option to look at for transfer although we gathered from them a change in Las Palmas may be required (Taxi c E70 one way).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple