“Great meal in off centre location”
Review of L'Obra

L'Obra
Reserve with
L'Obra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2017

First visit to Barcelona so asked friend who knows the city very well for restaurant recommendations. He said we should try L'Obra. Certainly a place we would not have found ourselves. An easy trip on the L1 from Placa Catalunya go us there.
Service a bit slow from the start but when the food started arriving everything fell nicely in place.
The chef, Luis Collantes Roncero, is obviously very talented given what was served. We had a nice chat with him, thanks to English translation by one of his kitchen staff. Luis' sister served our table and made us all feel very welcome and looked after.
As far as we could tell we were the only non-Spanish guests which is a good sign for a genuine non-tourist trap.
Warmly recommended!

1  Thank Yowza123

Reviewed 10 May 2015

Lovely food. One of the best and biggest fillet steaks I have had. I would definitely recommend. Very nice staff as well.

1  Thank Gebarrett
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is simply relaxing to be in, and the food and menú del día offering is one of the best value to price ratios I've found. The surroundings are beautifully decorated in a way that relaxes, with tables arranged very comfortably and privately.

The food is delicious and of a calibre way beyond what you'd expect for the location. It merits a detour.

3  Thank Philip B
lobra, Propietario at L'Obra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

Thanks for your opinion and have a few minutes for us ,
We would like to see you here again.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

Me, my girlfriend and our friends went out for dinner at this lovely and cozy restaurant!!
This was an amazing experience!!
The food is amazing, the price is good and the staff is very friendly and their service is good!
Here you will get a lot for your money!
I really recommend this restaurant!
I live in Norway, but frequently visit Barcelona.
This is the only restaurant I will come back to over and over again!!

3  Thank Stian B
Reviewed 23 October 2014 via mobile

The restaurant l'obra is excellent! This was the best birthday celebration dinner I've had in a long time. The food is tasty and seasoned well! The staffs are friendly and the service is very good. I'm so pleased with the entire dinner experience. I'm definitely comming back in l'obra!!!

3  Thank Gladystian