“Delicious dinner and great service .”

Restaurant Laguna Mar
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: International, Central American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Full Service Restaurant Y Lounge 7 Days a week Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - Bocas - Deserts and Snacks. Full Bar
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

The chef had international training which is evident by the menu and daily specials. We had dinner at bar including appetizer and desert. Service and food was amazing.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Had Christmas dinner here. What a surprise! The chef came out and explained his dishes. We ordered a 4 course meal, that was his special. Each course was delicious, and executed with precision and excellence. A feast for the senses! What an unexpected find! Totally recommend. Also saw families in the restaurant ordering kid friendly meals, with the chef attending to them as well. I have no doubt that there is something here for everyone- and if not on the menu, this chef has the creativity and knowledge to come up with whatever one might want.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Stopped in for dinner one evening. Very nice decor and the service was top notch. For an evening out for dinner or just drinks, this would be a good restaurant to visit.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we go to dine at Laguna Mar. This time we were a party of 42 people. The food and the service were impecable. Hands up for Pablo, a fantastic chef. If you want to experience delicious food in a nice environment, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I heard about Pablo (chef at Laguma Mar Hotel Restaurant) from two separate sources in Samara and some other non-descript town - both sources said that I had to eat here. The irony is that I was staying at the hotel and leaving to eat elsewhere! On my last night I ate here with my son and was blown away. I followed Pablo's recommendations and started with a plaintain/eel/shrimp roll that sounded disgusting. I ordered it to be polite. I knew with my first bite that I was in for something special. It worked well and was different while staying familiar - and all tastes were multi-dimensional and complementary. It was good! I followed that with "Tuna Tempura" wrapped in seaweed. This is the best thing that I have eaten in five years. Cooked to perfection (ie rare) the tuna melted in your mouth and blended so well with the tempura batter and seaweed. I am dizzy writing about it. It's worth the trip to Costa Rica. Forget everything that you have heard about bland Tico food!
My son ordered the red shrimp curry. He's 14, and it was meant to be a simple familiar dish - and it was except that the shrimp was fresh and the size of lobsters AND the rice was a mixture of fresh rice and "crusty older rice" to add texture and zeal to the dish. What an amazing idea.
The atmosphere, set in the jungle around a cool pool in a boutique hotel is neat but it's hardly worth a mention compared to the incredible creativity and quality of the food. Enjoy!