“Not worth the money!!”

Hacienda Toro Al'Diente
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2011

When we arrived there was no one at the restaurant. It was 5:00pm and the only clients were my husband and me. The sorullitos de maiz were good. They were 5.99 which is ok. Now we had mofongos. My husband had shrimp mofongo that was 28.00!!! I had mofongo de carne Frita. The carne Frita was overcooked. We had a side of tostones and a side of rice that we packed to go. Our bill was 84.00! For 2 people. It's not worth the price. The food is not fancy at all. Puerto Rican food is not expensive and That is not a fancy restaurant. The value of what we are was about 50.00 tops!! We Don't recommend it at all!!!

3  Thank Nabri10

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Now let me just start by saying that the food was really good, however for what I paid for I probably could have cooked the same meal at home. Never in my life have I paid so much for desert. Not even, at the fanciest bakery, would I have paid the $11.99 for a "Tres Leches" serving for one. As if the prices were not ridiculuos enought let's talk about service. I can understand when at places like KFC the attendant forgets to place the fork and spoon inside the bag, even at the sushi bar there are chop sticks to grab your food with; but come on when I'm paying more than $10.00 a plate and I'm eating thinks like RICE I need something to pick it up with. As if that was not enough the waitress, (maybe I didn't get her sense of humor) not only she forgot to bring us utensils but she also forgot to take our order, place plates and even bring us something to drink. We can say that we felt like GHOST CUSTOMERS. At one point we requested more soda to which she replied: "we do not offer refills" as if she thought I was requesting free stuff or something like that. She brought our order completely wrong and when asked about the plate, she replied "it's a different cut". LOL My granddaughter looked at her and said "there is a BIG difference between a chicken breast and churrasco. I know my food". At the end, she had the NERVE to present the ticket with not even a suggested, but a mandatory 15% service charge. Ja,Ja,Ja. I obvoiously looked at the waitress and ask her if the 15% was mandatory and the FUNNY FUNNY girl simply knodded yes with a smile. So I approached the cashier and told her about the great food and awful service and explain all details. In the end I paid the bill in cash and you bet I DID NOT tip for the worst service ever!!!!!!!

3  Thank ivette2466
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I visited this restautant with a group of 9. First we arrive the restaurant is empty and theres no one to sit us. Theres one employee playing on his cel doesnt even acknowledge us. Like 10min later the server decides to sit us. The place was dirty, bathrooms super dirty overall unkept. While were sitting a goat starts roaming the restaurant and the employees start laughing and acting like its completely normal. My kids were terrified so like 15 min later they decide to put the goat away. Then 5 min into the meal there comes the goat again and jumps on our table helloooo i was livid. The manager comes over laughing offers us free drinks for the incident. Really??? i hated the service. If I wanted to eat with animals i would of gone to the zoo. It has a good concept with really bad administration. The only one concerned was our server he was so embarrased :(. I would never return.

3  Thank travelarmywife
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We went to Hacienda Toro al Diente to celebrate our daughter's 15 birthday and I have no words to describe how pleased we were.The Staff accomodate us and make our event memorable, Food was great, facilities very accomodating, and the staff outstanding. Totally recommend it!!!! Thanks to everybody they made my daughter veeeery happy!

1  Thank crivera00745
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I went to the restaurant on 1/4/11. when i gave my name for reservation the waitress told me the wait was for 45 minutes so we decided to wait but almost two hours later is when they called was to sit for dinner. the food took another hour to come and it was cold. total waste of money

2  Thank carmenzabala