“Great night with Klaus & family!”
Review of Black Forest Hut

Black Forest Hut
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Cuisines: Central European
Description: Dear customers, we are TEMPORARILY CLOSED from August 14. 2017. Soon I will provide the new place. The quality of food will not change but the place will be more quiet than it is now. A Variety of Schnitzel (Cutlet) especially "Jagerschnitzel" Cutlet "Hunters Style". Bratwurst the Original German fried Sausage made by a German Butcher. Homemade Icecream and a variety of Cakes where the Homemade Cheesecake is the runner. Black Forest Cake and Black Forest Icecream if all ingredients that have to be importedb are available. Our Chili con Carne is well received by our guests. We also serve Burgers with homemade pattys and unsweetened Rolls Breakfast is available all day.
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a tasty and hearty German meal at the Black Forest Hut. Thanks for the excellent mashed potato, Schnitzel and Jäger nightcaps!

Lovely welcoming place with good, cheap food and fun chat. A Bohol classic in the making.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Popped in for a meal as it was close to our hotel, ended up having a great night with Klaus and co! Delicious food, superb chat and if you're lucky you'll get a few freebies!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

You need either google or weeze to find this restaurant because it does not have a signage on top unlike other restaurants. They do have a sign in front. But the trouble in finding it is nothing once you try their food. I had hunter's schitzel and cake. The meat was juicy, no MSG & simply delicious. Black Forest Hut is not your usual restaurant, its unassuming, not imposing, and offers honest good food. Not overly salty nor sweet. When you come here, you pay for the food not the fancy counters and bright lights, which is the point of dining.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

On my last day in Bohol, I needed some place to cap my trip here. I chose Black Forest without any hint of regret.

When I went there, they just opened the store. Right away, the owners attended to my needs. I ordered a lasagna and as I wait for it, they prepare it from scratch, they served me some appetizers. If you ask me, they just gave me some free sandwich!

A few minutes later, I was already gobbling down the delicious lasagna.

The owners (husband is a German and the wife is a Filipina) were very good conversationalists. I enjoyed our chats and though as much I want to stay for a longer time, I needed to go because I had a voyage to catch up with.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Actually there are just a few words needed to subscribe this place (but I need minimum 100 characters haha) . First - DELICIOUS, whatever you order; Second - a cozy place; third - affordable. There is just 1 comment to the owner: "please don't smoke in the restaurant".