Lowest prices for your stay
US$97
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
eDreamsUS$84
ZenHotels.com
PricelineUS$97
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2013

we booked into the Hotel Edoya based on tripAdvisor feedback and weren't disappointed. Nice and handy to the metro line and the Ryokan experience was just great. We had our 3 year old son with us and the traditional bed and table set up were a real treat fro him as well. We found the staff very obliging and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Checked into the Edoya for 2 nights at the end of our trip to Japan. Enjoyed staying in a ryokan, and in fact the futons were more comfortable than other beds we had slept in. Rooms are spacious, which is a big positive in Tokyo with kids. In addition it was good to find accommodation which could fit 4 in separate beds for a reasonable price. The hotel itself is showing its age, but we had a non-smoking room and it was clean and everything worked. A little walk to the nearest JR station, where we were using our JR passes, but metro stations were closer. Staff were excellent and good English spoken. Breakfast was a bit unique, but filling and certainly food isn't hard to come by in Japan.

1  Thank travellingbunnies
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I travel to Tokyo since 2004. Everytime I stay in Hotel Edoya. It became a second home for me.

I always book a japanese style room and I always try to get the same room. For me, the most important thing is a clean bath room and a comfy bed to sleep. Both are available in Hotel Edoya for a fair price. It is written "never patch a running system", therefore I will return to Hotel Edoya on my next trip, for sure. -- But after all these years I come to the conclusion, that some things definately need an upgrade (specially the carpet in the corridore and the taps in the shower). Beside that it is a great place. My room also had a brand new air condition.

The hotel is located close to Ueno park. For people arriving at Narita Airport there is a direct train connection to Ueno called Keisei Liner. You don't have to bother yourself changing the train at Tokyo station. For backpacker or people with a good trolley: You can walk the 1.5km from the station to the hotel.

For sightseeing many subway station are in less than 10 min. walking distance: Yamanote Line, Ginza Line, Chiyoda Line, and some more. With these lines you can reach every point in or around Tokyo. This is the reason why I always decided for Hotel Edoya: It is a good starting point for discovering Tokyo. Ueno Park, Yushima Tenmangu and Kanda Myoin are in walking distance, also Akihabara is very close.

The personal is extremly helpful. If I had a problem I could rely on their help. They also have a good idea for places you can visit. In 2008 they gave me the idea for a good place for cherry blossom and the about the festival at Nezu Jinja. In 2012 they send me to Kaneiji where I rang the temple bell on New Years Eve.

By the way: There is also a tiny rotenburo (public outdoor bath tub) on the roof. It ist nice to sit there, in the hot water, with the star above and the sound of the megacity aorund me.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Seidenpriester
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This ryokan is good and cheap. Authentic Japanese style room with its own bathroom. Most ryokans in Japan are shared bathroom. Room is spacious, with the living room and bedroom separated. The rooms can accommodate big groups of tourists. It is quite difficult to find accommodation for big groups in Japan so this a very good choice of accommodation.. Breakfast is provided daily but most of the food are Japanese food like white rice with pickles.. Western style breakfast were just some toast and coffee.. Hotel Staffs are very friendly.. Hotel location is very convenient. Walking to the nearest metro station, Yushima station, only takes about 5 mins.. Amenities such as hair dryer, shampoo, shower etc. were all provided.. The only bad point is about the bathroom.. Bathroom is old. There were some stains and smell in the wooden bath tub. The shower head was not working very well. Turned the tap till the max but the hot water still turned out cold. So I had decided to use the hot water tap in the bath tub. But the tap in the bath tub was very low so I had to sit on the stool while showering.. In summary, I will still choose to stay in Hotel Edoya again because it's really worth the stay..

There was an incident about the chambermaid who accidentally threw away my Tokyo Tower water bottle. Maybe the chambermaid thought the bottle was empty and useless that is why she threw it away. I was pretty upset about this but I did not complain as I would not be able to get the bottle back. So please do not leave anything (those that might look useless) on the table as it could be thrown away..

1  Thank Last-Quarter
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This hotel is old and worn out in some respects, but it provides excellent value for money and a genuine ryokan feel. There is wifi and computers in the lobby, basic breakfast provided and the staff are extremely helpful, despite their limited English. The location is very good, a short walk from the Keisei express terminus, and surrounded by subway stations. Recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family