Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
US$91
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$96
eDreamsUS$91
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed a couple of nights at Edoya while visiting Tokyo. The hotel is pretty basic but has everything a traveler passing by would need. The room was simple with traditional interior and the breakfast was typical Japanese, which is an experience for a Western traveler. It is also located pretty good near from public transportation and is within a walking distance from main streets, shops etc.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and was a very enjoyable traditional experience. The room was comfortable and had a great bath! The staff were friendly, lots of choice for breakfast and a nice relaxing seating area with WIFI and a lovely garden. Very handy location, everything you need is in walking distance.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank flatwhites
Reviewed 26 June 2013

we booked into the Hotel Edoya based on tripAdvisor feedback and weren't disappointed. Nice and handy to the metro line and the Ryokan experience was just great. We had our 3 year old son with us and the traditional bed and table set up were a real treat fro him as well. We found the staff very obliging and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Checked into the Edoya for 2 nights at the end of our trip to Japan. Enjoyed staying in a ryokan, and in fact the futons were more comfortable than other beds we had slept in. Rooms are spacious, which is a big positive in Tokyo with kids. In addition it was good to find accommodation which could fit 4 in separate beds for a reasonable price. The hotel itself is showing its age, but we had a non-smoking room and it was clean and everything worked. A little walk to the nearest JR station, where we were using our JR passes, but metro stations were closer. Staff were excellent and good English spoken. Breakfast was a bit unique, but filling and certainly food isn't hard to come by in Japan.

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank travellingbunnies
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I travel to Tokyo since 2004. Everytime I stay in Hotel Edoya. It became a second home for me.

I always book a japanese style room and I always try to get the same room. For me, the most important thing is a clean bath room and a comfy bed to sleep. Both are available in Hotel Edoya for a fair price. It is written "never patch a running system", therefore I will return to Hotel Edoya on my next trip, for sure. -- But after all these years I come to the conclusion, that some things definately need an upgrade (specially the carpet in the corridore and the taps in the shower). Beside that it is a great place. My room also had a brand new air condition.

The hotel is located close to Ueno park. For people arriving at Narita Airport there is a direct train connection to Ueno called Keisei Liner. You don't have to bother yourself changing the train at Tokyo station. For backpacker or people with a good trolley: You can walk the 1.5km from the station to the hotel.

For sightseeing many subway station are in less than 10 min. walking distance: Yamanote Line, Ginza Line, Chiyoda Line, and some more. With these lines you can reach every point in or around Tokyo. This is the reason why I always decided for Hotel Edoya: It is a good starting point for discovering Tokyo. Ueno Park, Yushima Tenmangu and Kanda Myoin are in walking distance, also Akihabara is very close.

The personal is extremly helpful. If I had a problem I could rely on their help. They also have a good idea for places you can visit. In 2008 they gave me the idea for a good place for cherry blossom and the about the festival at Nezu Jinja. In 2012 they send me to Kaneiji where I rang the temple bell on New Years Eve.

By the way: There is also a tiny rotenburo (public outdoor bath tub) on the roof. It ist nice to sit there, in the hot water, with the star above and the sound of the megacity aorund me.

Date of stay: January 2013