Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
US$91
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$96
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2018

Everytime I visit a property, i always try to study the hotel's location first.
I wasn't able to that before i checked in to Hotel Edoya. However, i wasn't dissappoint at all. There are at least 4 metro stops within walking distance. You can even walk your way to Ueno.

We chose this hotel to be our home during our last days in Japan.
The hotel is very charming. It gives you a very Japanese feel to it. I find it very quiet and clean. Breakfast is different than what i am used to but not necessarily bad.

The only comment i have is that when i had the do not disturb sign on, i came back at night and found new set of toiletries and towel.
I did not ask coz i wasn't really that bothered. But maybe some people would make a big deal out if it.

All in all, not a bad choice.
I would definitely recommend. :)

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyLou0420
Reviewed 19 November 2018

I love this hotel. I have stayed in a few hotels in Tokyo and the Hotel Edoya is my favorite. I previously have stayed in modern business hotels but I prefer the old traditional charm of this hotel. The location is between Ueno and Akihabara, in the quiet neighborhood. The rooms were quite large for Tokyo standards and I liked that my toilet and bath/shower rooms were separate. I enjoyed using the Sento on the top floor so much I only used the shower in my room once during my 1 week stay.The staff were charming and friendly, welcoming me back with "Okaerinasai" when I returned from a day out. Yes, this hotel is old and outdated, they don't have electric curtains or a view overlooking the city but it has personality and character. It still has all the necessary amenities, a business center, a rooftop terrace with seating, a public bath and a lobby lounge with the daily newspaper. I would recommend the Hotel Edoya to everyone.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018

I recently stayed at Hotel Edoya for the third time. This should suggest that I think it is a good place to stay. While it is a bit dated, the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. The room rate is still very reasonable for Tokyo given breakfast is included.

The hotel is located in the middle of many metro and JR stations, and it is a close walk to the Bunkyo business district as well as Akihabara. Ueno station is also a very reasonable walk, even with suitcases. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Hotel Edoya to anyone who is visiting Tokyo. If I return to Japan, I too will be staying again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2018

The hotel is very well located in a quiet neighborhood but close to Akihabara and Ueno afoot.
The traditional rooms are big and really nice except the futon who are very hard.
I didn't have hot water in my bathroom so I had to use the public bath.
Very nice wifi and good breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I travel to Japan every second year since 2004. Everytime I stayed in Hotel Edoya. It became a second home for me.

Location: The Hotel is in Yushima, half way between Ueno Park (and Ueno train station with Tohoku-Shinkansen) and Akihabara. With Chiyoda and Ginza subway line and Yamanoto and Chuo trains in walking distance it is a good starting point to explore Toyko.

The room: I always book the japanse style superior room. It is a litle bit like a tiny suite with a paper sliding door between living room and bedrom. It is all tatami. Shower and toilet are seperate rooms.

The room with the toilet is very small and the location of the bowl is a odd. Located in the center of the tiny room there is barely enough space for your knees.

The bathroom is japanese style with a bath tub and a place to wash. And here is the first "but". The bathrooms are unchanged at least since my first visit in 2004. They are old and there is limescale in the floor tiles. -- I don't mind because the hotel became my second home. BUT ... The look of the bathroom is not top-notch.

The second "but" is the carpet in the hallway. The carpet ist old and worn out. They really shoud replace it.

The third "but" is the breakfast: The breakfast is served in a seperate restaurant, but located in the same building. Looking back the last 14 years I think the quality was better in the past. Anyway: The breakfast offers japanese and western style food. And therefore I combine toast and coffee with miso soup tsukemono.

The "buts" indicates that the hotel is becomming old and really need a renovation. So, why I still stay at this hotel everytime I am in Japan?

Three reasons: (1) the location, (2) I got used to this place and (3) the service. The staff is very kind and helped me in the past years several times. Because of the staff of Hotel Edoya I was able to ring the temple bell at the buddhist temple during new year celebration.

I will stay in Hotel Edoya again, but ... they really should refurbish the place.

By the way: There is also a tiny rotenburo (public outdoor bath tub) on the roof. It ist nice to sit there, in the hot water, with the star above and the sound of the megacity around me. But ... there was a construction site next to hotel in 2018. I hope the rotemburo is still available in 2020 and not in direct view of the new building.

Date of stay: April 2018