“Meaty burgers”

Ranked #5 of 7 Quick Bites in Chiyoda
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Okay, it might seem strange that our first visit to Shake Shack is in Japan. This New York based hamburger chain started out as a simple food cart back in 2004 but has expanded to over 100 locations around the world (and yet none in Vancouver).

Located in the Tokyo International Forum, close to Tokyo Station and Ginza, we really shouldn’t have had much trouble finding this spot… but we’re a bit navigationally-challenged even with GPS. We decided to come here for an early lunch and we were surprised at how large this burger spot is (considering most Japanese restaurants are on the small size). The burgers take a while to come out so they give you a pager so you can sit down while you wait for your order.

We ordered a SmokeShack (880円) which is a cheeseburger topped with applewood smoked bacon, spicy chopped cherry peppers, and shacksauce. We also picked up a ShackBurger (680円) topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and shacksauce. If that wasn’t enough saucy goodness, we also got the Cheese Fries (400円 for small or 600円 for regular).

The burgers were quite meaty and filling (made from 100% ground Angus beef). I wouldn’t say that these were the best burgers that I’ve had before but they are pretty good. Although I’ve always been a fan of crinkle-cut fries, I’d say these were just average (the fries were crisp but a bit hard and fell apart too easily) and the cheese sauce really didn’t do much for me.

We couldn’t come here without ordering a shake so we picked the Strawberry Shake (480円) and paired it with a Blood Orange Lemonade (380円). Overall, I’m happy we tried Shake Shack and this would appeal to people who miss large, fatty, western food.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I think it just another fast food place that I’m usually go, but I really love the combination of their burger, cheese fries, and fresh hot milk..

They had good service, English menu, and great outdoor - indoor atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

When you've had enough superlative Japanese cuisine and just need a hamburger, this is a good option. Very nive outdoor seating area too!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank MissSlimskys
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Beautiful outlet with beautiful architecture and friendly servers. Burger was great and the shake was standout.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank mengl2017
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This NY based burger joint opened a few branches in tokyo/japan and this is 1 of them. The insanity also moved and the line was so long, even at 2pm