“All the matcha!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

This isn't just a place you will stumble across, being up on the 10th floor of the department store. It is a great respite from the rush of the city, and you get a good view out.
They offer a range of matcha desserts, but the menu is only in Japanese. You can sort of work out what's in them from the pictures, but it does take a bit of guesswork. There are traditional ones, like mochi with matcha syrup, and also more elaborate parfaits. We found them well done, with good textures and flavours, and not too sweet.
If you're into matcha, it is worth the visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

抹茶、日本茶などが好きなあなた、見逃しのできない店。京都まで行かなくても味わえる本場の味。是非一度足を運んでください。
如果你是抹茶,日式甜品控,那你一定要親自品嚐一下了。位在東京車站大丸百貨上面喔!不用到京都就可以品嚐到嘍!
If u want to try the Japanese tea desserts...I suggest u to go to this Japanese cafeteria inside Daimaru department store.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

A popular place for matcha fans. Be prepared to queue. If you do not want to wait, you can get some matcha products near the cashier.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I probably set a record as the one customer that ate at their restaurant the most Consecutive number of days (also ordering the exact same thing, alternating the matcha syrup or the black sugar syrup for their "shiratama anmitsu" and also ordering their matcha soba made with only real matcha tea leaves and NOT using any artificial coloring (is what I have been told about the artificial coloring).

I LOVED their matcha soba because they do not use any eggs (which almost all restaurants do for any soba in Japan) and no daily products for their soba (same also for the "shiratama anmitsu".

I ordered 2 matcha soba at the same time when I was at the Tsujiri restaurant in Kyoto on the 6th floor in the Isetan dept. store in Kyoto eki (station). I often do that the 1st time I visit the Kyoto Tsujiri in Isetan dept. store or on my last day when I get there after being away living in the U.S. and when I was there the last day in Kyoto before getting on the Shinkansen (bullet train) for Tokyo, the waiter there informed me that there was one in Tokyo (right next to the Tokyo eki).

So I visited and waited in line (can get very crowded, esp in Kyoto)& ate there for countless days as it is a restaurant that I know will not have dairy or egg products in the 2 same items that I ordered.

They also offer lots of other desserts that has whipped cream and ice cream involving matcha in their desserts as well as matcha tea to drink.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We made a special trip here just to try the green tea desserts. I'm so glad we read the reviews here beforehand to know to go to the tenth floor of the Daimaru department store! We would have wandered Tokyo station helplessly otherwise!

We had the special set of sesame mocha and green tea ice cream sundae with grass jelly. Everything was deliciously refreshing.

Unfortunately the heater was on unbearably high which made it difficult to want to hang out very long.

While very friendly, the service was not especially attentive. We had to actively flag down servers to order or for other requests. Perhaps this is more of a self service environment since you are expected to take your bill to the front counter.

There was no English menu so understanding which items were part of a set took a bit of guesswork but the pictures made the ordering process relatively painless.

Although we enjoyed our experience, I don't know if we would make a special trip there a second time unless we were already in the area. Definitely worth a try if you are already at Tokyo Station.

1  Thank TGSF709