“Interesting Vegan Ramen”

Ranked #54 of 7,810 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Price range: S$0 - S$8
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: We are Ramen shop who can serve for Vegetarian, Veganist and Gluten Free people (as well as for wheat allergy people). English speaking staffs are available, so please visit us.
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Found this ship which is 5 mins walk from Hotel New Otani. Although it closes at 10pm, there is still a small queue. Ordering is from the kiosk dispenser and the food is served quite fast. Avoid the goiza, not very good. The vegetarian ramen stock has mild curry favor and loaded with vegetables. Shouyu ramen is ok

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Being a vegetarian or vegan in Japan isn't easy, but luckily Tokyo Station has a couple of options. One of these is Sora No Iro which has a broth that can be either vegetarian, with an egg, or vegan. I opted for vegan as ramen eggs are usually slightly mushy and I hate a runny white....

While it's not traditional ramen I found it very tasty. Most vegan ramen broth is mushroom based, which I'm not a huge fan of, but the broth here was carrot and coriander based, almost like the soup but not quite.... and I'm still trying to perfect the recipe at home! The ramen was very colourful with toppings such as carrot, Japanese sweet potato and lotus.

Other dishes coming out also looked tasty, albeit just not vegetarian.

The restaurant is located on Ramen Street so you just order from a ticket machine outside, and hand your ticket to the member of staff who seats you.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We ate here on our last night of a 10 day trip to Japan. Getting off the bullet train from Kyoto in Tokyo Station, we were hungry for something filling before going to our hotel. I had found an article on the restaurant and its' vegetarian ramen on our train trip. As we had eaten a lot of traditional ramen throughout the trip, we were ready to try something different.

This restaurant had a short line when we arrived. We read the English language menu and then ordered our dinner from the machine out front. It was easy as the pictures on the menu and on the machine matched. We selected the "Veggie Ramen" as we wanted a dish without the soft boiled egg common on some many other types of ramen. After passing our ticket to the hostess, we were seated in chairs at a long counter. The restaurant is small, but makes good use of space and was exceptionally well decorated.

We were offered free ice water after getting seated. Less than 10 minutes later, the most delicious ramen was placed on the counter in front of us. It was made of red ramen noodles in a vegetable soup base spiced with paprika. It had seasonal vegetables on top along with a spoonful each of basil paste and citron chili paste, which you could eat a dollop at a time or mix into the dish which we did. It was lightly creamy with a slight spiciness. The ramen was perfectly cooked. There were also condiments on the counter which you could add to your ramen if you wished. Although we found the Veggie Ramen so delightful, I can't imagine any of them could have improved the dish.

I highly recommend this restaurant. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The food was amazing.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank EvolvedDiner
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Had the Chinese noodle. Was quite different from what I expected, but was really good. I like the taste of soup. And they serve you extra noodle if you upload on Facebook or Instagram.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 20 June 2016

It is made to cater vegetarians and it is not quite ramen originally it tastes but still good.

I enjoy eating this vege soba ramen in the morning for my breakfast. It is soft awakening to

my sleepy stomach.