“Nether roomy nor clean as in US(?), but still a good option to eat in Akihabara”

Denny's Akihabara Center Entrance
Ranked #559 of 8,132 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Cuisines: International
Neighbourhood: Kanda, Akihabara, Ochanomizu
Neighbourhood: Kanda, Akihabara, Ochanomizu
Reviewed 24 March 2017

First recommendation before enter to this Denny's is to forget about the American reference. This is a completely different animal. Beside the Niku-no Mansei, steak house is one of the few option for quasi-Western food in Akihabara. I say "quasi" or almost because what they serve here is a hybrid between Japanese and Western.
The catch of the season is the Premium Hamburger, with 50% Australian Angus + 50% Japanese Premium Pork. As strange the combination may sound, the result is quite good, actually good indeed. Specially considered the SETTO(Set in Japanese)
menu with Seasonal Salad and real time baked Bread. The size is OK, and sauce is certainly please the Western taste. If you are curious, try the Melon Soda, which taste quite artificial but it's OK. To complete the excess, try the dessert called Strawberry Parfait, the best description is a kind of Strawberry and Ice-cream sculpture. For the price and convenience to be available 24 hours and accept all credit cards, it is a perfect place to take hungry kids or bunch of starving guys to eat.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This is NOT like Dennys in the USA. If you're craving a little bit of home, this ain't it.

We were seated promptly, in the non-smoking section. That's about 5 feet from the smoking section. The decor is similar to Dennys, but looks old. And the whole place smells really smoky.

The server will leave you with menus and won't come back until you're ready to order. They'll know you're ready because you need to push the little call button on your table to get the server to return. That's pretty much the only time the server will come - when you push the button.

Breakfast options come with rice and miso soup. Not traditional Dennys. You can piece together most of the individual items for a grand slam -ish breakfast. But the bacon and ham don't taste like they do in the US. Neither does the eggs benedict.

Overall it was ... interesting ... to visit this Dennys in Tokyo. But if we are in Japan again, we definitely will not be back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I often wondered how the Japanese feel when they eat Americanized Japanese food in the states - now I know. There are plenty of Denny's in Tokyo, so we wanted to try it. The food is not like the USA. Not that the USA Denny's is great, but this was definitely a notch below for my American taste buds. Fortunately my wife I could speak basic Japanese as the servers did not speak English. Still glad I went here and had the experience!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

With jet lag it's good to know that I can get breakfast at 4am; it's very convenient being only a 10 minute walk from my hotel and opposite Akihabara Station, so breakfast here before a day of exploring was a must for us.
I don't speak any Japanese and the staff were very helpful with the menu.
The food was of good quality, presentable and arrived at our table in good time.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

If you expecting the food your use to in the US then forget it because the closest thing to it would be the french fries! This place has taken the Japanese style cooking with a tiny little bit of American flavor, but please don't go in there like me (desperate for a nice cheeseburger) you can get a burger without a bun though, served as a steak burger. French onion soup was ok but definitely close to the worst I have ever had, kinda hard to mess that one up but then again could of just been the Japanese style of it! Carbonara pasta was good and the french fries went great with it!

1  Thank Danny00782