“Burnt miso soup stock”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Reviewed 12 January 2017

A very nice restaurant in a bit of an out of the way location...but our taxi driver got us there from Shibuya with ease. They are known for their burnt miso ramen...a tad oily for me, but you could probably ask them to tone it down. Other than that, it was a good choice. Gyoza was good and the tonkotsu ramen was great too! Easily caught a taxi back to Shinagawa for about 25000 yen.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Went on a Sunday at around 1130am and fortunately, there wasn't a line. Had the burnt miso ramen which was very good, and had a broth that was a bit saltier and less thick than other usual types of ramen. It also had a generous serving of pork. As with many restaurants in Japan, the staff was friendly and polite.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Small and cozy ramen restaurant as expected from a superb ramen shop in Tokyo. Staffs are very friendly as expected too. Japanese service staffs are generally very and hospitable.

The ramen arrived pretty quickly and was lucky dispute arriving the restaurant 12pm right on the lunch time. Fortunately, the crowd haven't started streaming in. Ordered the Special miso-men (burnt miso ramen) ¥1,290.00. Not exactly the usual ramen price. Definitely on the higher prices range.

The ramen is simply amazing! Well worth the money spent!! I'm not sure what the "special" offers you, maybe it's the one and a half eggs that's in my bowl. Noodles are cooked to perfection and the soup is indeed very tasty and special "umami". The re burnt taste want over whelming but very well balanced. The eggs is like from another planet! The Char Siu was tender but it was a little bit on the lean side for my liking but still it's very tasty. I just like my meat fatty! Haha...

Overall, it was well worth the walk from roponggi station... Has to be one of the must try ramen.
PS: Next stop Afuri yuzu ramen!

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

This place was literally around the corner from where we spent 4 nights in Tokyo, if it was up to me I would have eaten here every one of those nights. Alas the missus likes a bit of variety sometimes.
Anyway we went here one evening and luckily managed to get a seat with no reservation. Now for me the choice was simple, burnt miso ramen (heard good things). For the vegetarian missus it was not so simple. However she managed to find a good friendly selection of things that never had a face.
The ramen was divine, the flavour was so amazing I would fly all the way back to Tokyo just to taste it again. Great value as well and very filling.
The missus had some Camembert deep fried in breadcrumbs ("yummy") and also some avocado deep fried in tempura which I can attest to were amazing. Her veggie Gyoza were also worthy of praise. Marrying a veggie means you get to eat your own food by yourself whilst enjoying a vegetarian based tasting menu at the same time.

Most definitely recommend this place, is way up there with the best Japanese food (in fact all food) I have ever had the pleasure of wrapping my taste buds around.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

The place itself is quite a walk from the central mall area in Roppongi, around 10-15 mins walk we arrived in the area. The whole ambiance was cozy, wood-themed and great for large group of friends to come and chill over warm bowls of ramen.

The best ramen from the menu (and the most recommended) would be the burnt miso ramen. The taste is very exquisite, it is salty and savoury, yet has a very smooth aftertaste. Our friends also ordered some cups of sake and they taste absolutely amazing. The price is quite decent, around 1,100 yen and maybe more on the sake itself. Other than that, it was a pleasant dinner for us.