Generally, a very good hotel:
- Room was nicely furbished and a decent size, with a nice bathroom and comfy bed.
- Location is (arguably) a bit out of the way, but that seems to be reflected in the price and its very close proximity to Shinagawa station means you can be at Tokyo Station or Shibuya in less than 20 minutes (12 minutes to each on the Yamanote line).
- Very easy to get to from Narita airport on the Narita Express.
- Staff were generally good and all (at least that I encountered) spoke English.
- Wifi is free (this should be true of all good hotels, but sadly isn't).
The only gripe I can think of is that service in the bar was a bit slow on the one occasion I went there.
So, overall, pretty good. I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Rakuten, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan