“Great place. Only weakness : needs more seats”
Review of Roti Roppongi - CLOSED

Roti Roppongi
Price range: US$18 - US$53
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Authentic American/Fusion Bar & Grill cuisine, craft beer on tap, large glass wine list, friendly bi-lingual staff. The dining room offers seating for up to 45 guests and incorporates the wine bar with additional seating for 16. Roti's quiet and secluded terrace seats 32 and is very popular in the fine weather months. Open every day for lunch & dinner. At the Weekend brunch is served every Saturday & Sunday all-day. Roti is also a great place for parties & events and even offers outside catering services.
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I used to have lunch at Roti when I worked in the neighbourhood. Always enjoy going back for the friendly service, well balanced menu offering nice burgers and fish, salads...
Nice and evolving craft beer selection, good wines...And of course a very pleasant terrace.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I have been dining at Roti for several years now and regret not having posted a review.

The owner/chef Ian Tozer is actually British but he brings a careful hand to the American classics and executes them to perfection.

A lovely location in the Piramide Building in a Roppongi backstreet.

Salads and starters are great.

A full burger menu.

The famous rotisserie chicken is available in quarter or half portion sizes with crisp and crunchy shoestring fries. Steak if you want it.

Ian used to do a fabulous pasta of the day which he has withdrawn. Shame. Also he used to offer diners grilled salmon which was top-notch. Also withdrawn. Shame.

The soup of the day at Roti is always worth looking at. Well, eating actually...

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. An absolute joy to interact with.

And a fantastic wine list. With a strong lean towards CA. Well kept and probably the best value CA wine list in the whole of Roppongi.

With outside tables. Smoking permitted but not compulsory.

There is nothing not to like here if you need an up-market American diner for your supper tonight which will not break the bank.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank tokyobookman
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I've been to Roti several times over the years and, whether dining alone, with my wife or a large group, have always enjoyed the food, attentive service and excellent wines on the list. Recently, a friend organized a dinner in we brought our own steaks and wine, and for a reasonable fee and corkage, Chef Ian created a personalized meal for us that included, not only the steaks, but highly imaginative servings of "heritage" vegetables procured from a local farmer's market. I'm a bit of a wine nut, and so I really appreciate waiters who are well-trained in good wine service. Our waiter decanted all our wines and generally understood how to treat and serve wine properly.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Asked Ian ( the chef) if he'd prepare a nice wagyuu steak dinner for my friends and I. He went out shopping for some great vegetables for the side dishes and cooked the wagyuu beautifully. He even prepared two "special" sauces for the meat.

Simply a beautiful dinner and time.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The location is great, easy to get to and the restaurant itself is immaculate. Our party was booked for the a rather busy time, but despite that the courses came in good time and the service was excellent. The food itself was awesome.
We brought our own wines, so I cannot comment on their wine list, but the corking fee was reasonable. Definitely going again.