“Curry Soup at its very best”

Rojiura Curry Samurai Shimokitazawa
Ranked #3 of 6,041 Restaurants in Setagaya
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My daughter recommended we eat at this restaurant as they create great curry soup, and she's right. The fresh vegetables and roast chicken was just wonderful and the spicy soup sauce was heart warming. The dish was brilliant in its use of colour texture and flavour combining in one of the tastiest meals I've had the pleasure of eating.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had a wonderful curry soup meal at this restaurant and unusually as we arrived early at around 11:30am this was the first time in five visits we did not have to queue. I liked the fact that the menu allows you to choose how spicy you would like the soup to be, and if you want any coconut added, which suited me as I'm not a great fan of coconut. The stand out feature of my meal was the vibrant and tasty vegetables especially the burdock root and the pumpkin that accompanied the chicken in the simply stunning spicy sauce.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Really nice atmosphere with reasonably priced big portions of delicious curry. Lots of options to tailor make your curry and heaps of fresh veggies.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I'm not a big fan of queuing but a friend invited me to this place. The menu is simple yet you'll be able to adjust various things on your curry soup. I went for the 20 vegetables curry and was asked for the spiciness, amount of rice, soup base and how soft you want to have the meat.

Besides a good meal, they have friendly staff, free wifi and cafe-like atmosphere.If they have to change anything it might be the selection of beers (only 2 available and pricey).

Reviewed 7 July 2016

One of the absolute best meals I had on my visit to Tokyo. My curry had an assortment of seasonal vegetables with fried chicken. It was excellent. The vegetables were fresh and crisp, and the chicken was flavorful without being oily. I will definitely make a return trip the next time I visit Tokyo.