“Truly Memorable & Relaxing Experience”
Review of Omotesando Ukaitei

Omotesando Ukaitei
Ranked #10 of 9,079 Restaurants in Shibuya
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Ukai-Tei Ometesando has a small relaxing reception bar to wait, where a pleasant lady from New Caledonia served me refreshing tea. I dined here last year in one of the private rooms for groups, but this time with just one Friend, we sat at the long curved counter, which I believe is reserved mainly for parties of 1-3 people. I loved sitting here with views across Ometesando Hills behind. Chef Takami cooked everything to perfection in the medium set lunch menu. The fish and the beef were exquisite. We then retired to the separate salon at the other side of the restaurant for tea and desert, where you have a choice of a main desert and then several small selections off a trolley. All are wonderful. Whilst sitting outside on the balcony for a while admiring the views, Section Chief Nishikawa San proactively brought us some warming chamomile tea and rugs. That sums up how good the service is at Ukai Tei Ometesando. As regards price ......you get what you pay for; high quality delicious food and first rate service set in a magnificent venue. On reflection, you should always allow plenty of time here (several hours) because it is a truly memorable and relaxing experience. Thank you, again!

2  Thank steveamcb

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

It’s for sure one of the finest places to visit if you are a fine meat lover and/or refined shellfish connoisseur! Their meat is amazing! Don’t go for the Kobe option as the meat in the menu is more superior! The Abalone (AWABE) is Live and of high quality! Even if you are not big on shellfish, you will for sure enjoy it! It is one of my Big favorite shellfish!
The price is high, but it’s value for money.
The service is very good and friendly.
The ambience is high Fine dining (more Like French).
The dessert is served in a different fancy room.
The overall culinary experience is great.
I do visit this restaurant every time I’m in TOKYO. Their Ginza branch is a bit more fancy! Both are great though.
Highly recommend!

2  Thank Oliver_Zeitoun
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I have been to Kobe and this place is still a winner IMO.

Lunch is, of course, the cheaper option.

Prawn Appetizer was good.
Fish was cooked perfectly.
Beef melted in your mouth.
Rice was perfumy buttery and garlicky.

Desserts were good too, spoilt for choices.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

First time to Ukai Tei, we went to the Omotesando branch. Very nicely decorated, with helpful and attentive service staff. The teppanyaki chefs are not dedicated to a certain diner but rotates around to cook the dishes for you. There are three set dinner options, with further options to change to Kobe beef with an extra charge. We thought the Wagyu beef was good enough. The five main dishes of foie gras with bamboo shoots, Spanish mackerel with white asparagus, their specialty steamed Abalone, cold noodles with sea urchin and the Wagyu beef was great. Ended the meal with steamed rice with sakura shrimp. And then off to another room to enjoy our desserts. You have a choice from 4/5 selections plus choices from a petit fours trolley. Great experience for a first timer here.

1  Thank tuckyins
Reviewed 19 March 2018

They kept us waiting for more then 40 minutes. when i tried to ask for my table and raised my voice, suddenly they gave us the seats,
Nice decor, great view, Food was really good, and the desert room impeccable. But after what happened at the beginning I cannot give a full rating to this place.