“Gyoza Lou”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shibuya / Aoyama / Ebisu / Meguro
Reviewed 8 May 2015

I believe this place is better known as Gyoza Lou, especially by the local hipster crowd. Expect a bit of waiting to get a table; took us about 20 minutes to get in. Food is great; very limited menu of two kinds of gyoza plus rice, soup, bean sprouts and pickles.
We were seated in a little room with two other tables and we could not actually see the kitchen from our seats. Best atmosphere in a typical gyoza joint is seated at the bar in front of the grill. You get bathed in steam and grease from the cooking but that's part of the charm.
Kitchen-side seats here would fit that scenario so you are lucky to get seated there. Men's restroom here could have used some cleaning but I guess that's also part of the atmosphere!

Date of visit: May 2015
Write a reviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is excellent. Simple menu (2 types of gyoza and about 4 sides) and simple, efficient, pleasant service: it is well worth a visit. The queue can be quite long (more so in the evenings than at lunchtime) but so worth the wait. The really cheap prices makes it an ideal place to visit if you are on a budget - I would visit Tokyo again just to eat here!

Reviewed 14 April 2015 via mobile

It was cold & wet which was a perfect night for gyoza not so perfect for waiting in the rain! We waited 20 mins with about 4 groups ahead of us. Once inside we sat at the counter amidst the kitchen action it was fantastic. We ordered both pan fried & steamed gyoza, cabbage, sake & lemon sour drink. All delicious had to order more pan fried as 6 was not enough! Fresh, cheap & great atmosphere glad we went.

1  Thank josii11
Reviewed 13 April 2015

I found this restaurant in some top ten website when I was so hungry in the area and I didn't regret coming here.

I love its atmosphere which is fulled of people sitting around the cooking area. Although it's hot but it's also fun watching cook cooking while waiting for my order.

The gyoza was very delicious with the reasonable price. There were also many side dishes you can choose, but I didn't order them since I was on a budget. -_-

So don't miss this place, it's super great!!

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

Cheap, amazing food and atmosphere. Great service. This is a must for anyone visiting Tokyo and one of the highlights of my trip.