Picking a hotel in Tokyo is always a challenge: not only must there be literally thousands of hotels in Tokyo, but Tokyo is pretty much the size of a small country, meaning that location matters--choose a hotel in an inconvenient place and you could be traveling more than an hour just to get from your hotel to where you want to go. Not only that, but Tokyo is less a unified "city" and more a collection of neighborhoods, each with its own atmosphere and charm--from earthy Asakusa to chic Shibuya.
Although Shinjuku is an important district for a number of reasons, from the perspective of the tourist or traveler, I think the most important word is this: convenience. The Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is located just minutes from Shinjuku station, the transportation hub for the western side of Tokyo. From here, you can take the train or subway virtually anywhere in the city (usually without even the need to transfer) and even further afield (Yokohama, Kamakura ... the airport express to Narita stops here also). Around the station itself are a ton of eating and shopping options as well.
The hotel itself is quite nice, and tends to be a good value (we paid about 10,000 yen for the room in high season), especially for the location. The rooms are on the small size, as is typical for Tokyo, but they are nice and for the location tend to be quiet. The hotel staff were nice. We did not partake of breakfast, as there are many eating options close by.
Overall, a nice "home base" for the Tokyo area: great value and convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo