I stayed here on 2 occasions last week during my trip to tokyo, 5 nights in a standard twin room and 1 night in an economy double room. The good: since I was staying so many nights in tokyo, I wanted a hotel near to the JR station. This is a 5 min walk to the south exit of JR Shinjuku station, and along the way there are convenience stores, restaurants and fast food outlets ( a 24 hour Macdonals just outside and a First Kitchen outlet round the corner). Every morning on my walk to the station I would go into the am/pm convenience shop opposite and buy my rice ball for breakfast.
Having stayed in both a standard and an economy room, I would reccomend the former. Not only is there more space, the toilet is much bigger. I'm 165 cm and the bathtub was deep and long enough for me to sit upright and stretch out my legs, whereas the toilet in the economy room was tiny and cramped! So glad that I only stayed in the economy room for one night, which looks like a tight squeeze for two people. I was alone, so it didn't matter much. Also, the toilet in the economy room had a slightly unpleasant smell, so I kept the toilet door closed. So if you are travelling in a pair and can afford it, I say pay the difference. I booked through hotel.de and paid 11,760 jpy/night for the standard room and 9,922 jpy for the economy room. I also managed to get the hotel to confirm a non-smoking room for me before I arrived.
The front desk speak decent english, but if you are confirming your accomodation or wish to book a non-smoking room before hand, I advise you to email instead of calling. Its much easier, and they replied within a few hours. Also, if you're travelling to another destination and want them to look after your bag, they can but apparently its only for a night if you don't have another reservation with them. The 2 computers in the lounge were useful, but as mentioned it can be a long wait if there are many people waiting. I usually drop by the lounge on my way out to top up my water bottle with the cold mineral water, useful in summer.
I chose this hotel based on a high reccomendation from my friend, and although the rooms are generally clean, I think the housekeeping could be more through. There were a number of hairs from the previous occupant when I checked into my economy room. I suppose this slightly spoiled my mostly positive impression of the hotel, but such things can't be helped. The toiletries are a nice touch, I especially liked the fragrance of the handwash (the shampoo, conditioner and body wash come in large pump bottles). One last thing, I didn't hear much noise in my hotel room, so the walls are pretty well soundproofed. It also helped that I turned on CNN (the only English channel) whenever I was in the hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Sunroute Co., Ltd., TripOnline SA, Agoda and JAPANiCAN so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo