“Yummy American-ish breakfast”

Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Description: Since first appearing in Hawaii in 1974, Eggs ’n Things has been a popular casual restaurant for locals and worldwide international tourists visiting Hawaii. Our concept is “All Day Breakfast.” You can enjoy tasty and generous breakfast not only in the morning but also for lunch and dinner. In addition to the “big breakfast” menu, consisting mainly of a la carte dishes, in the restaurant in Japan you can also enjoy the mood of Hawaii with “loco” food and drinks for dinnertime.
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We went to this location and one in Kyoto for a break in hotel Continental breakfasts and even for dinner. Can testify blueberry pancakes with whip cream and coconut syrup, lemon ginger squash and eggs Benedict were outstanding! Nice relaxing atmosphere with Hawaiian vibe.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

So we walked past Eggs N Things a few times while we were in Harajuku. The line was always massive. We thought this place must be good. Or else it was just popular because it was from Hawaii.

One day, we walked past at a not so popular eating hour (4pm) and found the line to be minimal - only 3 people! We decided to have an early dinner and jumped in the queue. While there, a quick trip advisor search showed very mixed reviews. And it also seemed that everyone just got the pancakes here. Possibly because it has a huge pile of cream on them. I am talking like 25cm or something like that.

Anyway, we ordered the banana pancakes and a cheese burger. I had read so many bad reviews that I was bracing myself for the worst, so I was surprised that the pancakes themselves were alright. They were certainly not stand out pancakes but they were light and fluffy and not dense nor dry. There is also a small jug of maple syrup (along with a coconut sauce and a fruit sauce) which you can douse your pancakes in. The whipped cream was so light, that despite me thinking that we would only eat half of it, we ended up eating all of it and not feeling so bad. I will have to say, it goes quite well with the pancakes.

The cheeseburger was actually surprisingly good too. The potatoes on the side were nothing special but again, was ok.

We steered away from the eggs due to reviews, which is odd seeing we are eating at a place called Eggs N Things. I don't think it is worth lining up for hours to eat here, but if the line is short and you're in the area, we can say the pancakes and cheeseburger are alright.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Usually when traveling we skip breakfast, unless it's a quick little pastry. We made an exception and went here twice, it was that good! Their waffles are legendary, with a tower of whipped cream. My husband had the banana waffle with the most delicious bacon I've ever eaten and I had the acai bowl. That was sooooo good! Service was quick with lots of smiles and an English menu. By each table was a basket you could put your bags in while eating. With food this good and service that nice you'd be a fool if you missed eating here. Trust me.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I travelled quiet early as I had a bit of a craving for eggs royale. I got there just before 9.30. Seems a few people were there already. I had to wait a few minutes (not long at all really but there were empty tables...) and then was seated.

Service was great.....food not so much. One egg was quite snotty with a perfect middle. The other slightly overcooked so no runny middle. The food was lukewarm and some of my potatoes cold. My eggs went cold very quickly. Not sure what the avocado was though....it seemed to be a paste and definitely not real avocado chunks.

Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but I wouldn't choose this dish. The pancakes did look lovely.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We came early and walked in. Still it took 40 min for the food to arrive. Food is just ok and not more