“They have Ebi fry too.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I didn't visit there over decade. Because I stop eating pigs. But I found they have Ebi fry and others. It's OK to visit solo. Quite. Free rice, cabbage, mugicha and tarutaru refill. By the way, I am not super avoiding pigs, though.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Heard a lot about Maisen's high quality Tonkatsu meals and it prompted us to pay a visit to this restaurant located in Shibuya, Being earlier was a blessing as there was a short queue inside the restaurant when we arrived. It later grew into a full blown queue that snaked all the way outside the restaurant.

Food and service was good and the Tonkatsu was tasty as expected. However, the special aged pork loin set did not exceed my expectation as it was pretty normal except for the special types of salt that was provided as part of the set.

Overall a good experience, Just a bit steep on pricing.

1  Thank nightfall88
Reviewed 13 June 2018

If you want to try Tonkatsu you have to try Maisen.
When we visited for dinner one evening they were out of the special cut so it made our decision easy, one of us ordered the standard Kurobata loin set and one the fillet. The pork was beautifully juicy and the batter perfectly crisp. All elements of the set were nicely prepared, including the a side order of shrimp, which have to be the biggest juiciest prawns I've ever had, definitely worth finding room in your belly to try one of these. I've preferred sauces from other establishments but still enjoyed Maisen's none the less.
The service was fine but the atmosphere was a little odd in the restaurant though I can't quite put my finger on it.
Like I say if you want to try Tonkatsu whilst in Japan you have to give Maisen a try, you won't be disappointed, it's a good solid bet.

1  Thank Trelen
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Just buy a take away and try fried shrimp. It is ok but bad is it is cool without keeping warm. If it is warm hot , would be better.

Anyway it is a bit costly.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Great that they supply you with an English menu and sensational katsu meal if it was this good everywhere I’d eat it all the time