“Top floor quality”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Excellent teppanyaki prepared at your table with quality Japanese ingrediens including kobe beef and abalone. Friendly staff that speak some English. The restaurant is located on the 52nd floor with stunning views over Tokyo.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The restaurant is located in the historical building on one of the top floors and the view is fantastic. The service is fabulous - old school , and their specialty is shabu-shabu - Japanese hot pot. It is not a casual dining place, rather more formal, or for business partners. Quality is superb.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant appears to be very popular. Advance reservation is needed. It offers teppanyaki and shabu shabu. Once reservation is made, unless cancelled 24 hours before, failure to turn up would cost a penalty. We ordered teppanyaki. The beef is tender and the supplements are fine. The taste is delicious, though a bit too salty for my personal taste. But, I must admit we are not that impressed. The food is similar to the food offered by similar establishments, nothing standing out. The prices, though, are not that expensive, perhaps because it was then over lunch. A lunch set costs Yen 4000 to 7000 for ordinary beef, 13000 to 17000 for Kobe beef. It would be more expensive at dinner time. I have come across similar restaurants charging much more. I have tried both types of beef. There is of course a difference in texture and taste, but whether it is worth to spend so much more for the Kobe beef will be very much an individual choice. The restaurant stands on the 52nd floor and have a great view of nearby Tokyo, but to us who come from a city made up of tall buildings, the view offers nothing special. Overall, there is no harm trying out the restaurant, but not a must.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Was not too easy to communicate but lunch sets are good, well priced and great views from the restuarant.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I went to Seryna on my last day in Shinjuku and pretty much my entire 10-day stay in Japan. So serene and such a nice view -- especially if the weather is clear.

We had one of four, I believe, lunch specials. I enjoyed the personal chef who cooked our food. It was reasonable (my lunch was about $50 USD but worth it) because of the cut of steak. It was everything from salad to dessert so I think it's a good buy for the atmosphere and food. Easy to walk to from Shinjuku station. About 15 minutes, but we took a lot of detours because there are so many good shops about 5 minutes away.

Been to Shinjuku Seryna? Share your experiences!