“Fun for kids and groups. Yummy crab cake ”
Review of Dancing Crab Tokyu

Dancing Crab Tokyu
Ranked #203 of 10,644 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Price range: US$35 - US$53
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Description: Welcome to Dancing Crab! We serve American country-style Cajun seafood such as crab, shrimp and shellfish in rich flavors. Enjoy eating with your hands and have a great time with us!
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

We visited during lunch. The staff offered to take our jackets, then instructed us to wash hands at the basin situated at the centre is the restaurant. There was sheet of paper rolled up on the table and no cutlery. We rolled open the paper where all food would be placed directly on there.
There was no cutlery. We ordered 2 set meals, one with crab cake for 2 grown up and 2 kids. The sauce chosen was black pepper and a spicy sauce. We were first given soup served in large tea cups. Then, the staff came with 2 plastic bags and poured all the seafood on the paper. We ate with hands and it was messy, funny and yummy. The crab cake tasted good even though I usually would not eat any fried food.
The only drawback would be the loud music and the heating being too strong. Anyhow, it's an enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch and the place was crazy. I wasn't expecting the loud music, it was just too much. I was debating on leaving the place but I really wanted to eat crab so we stayed.

Ordered the combo bag and king crab in lemon garlic. The food was really great, no complaints about that. I have a problem eating with my hands, so I asked for a fork. The staff weren't pleased and insisted that I eat with my hands to which I said NO. I just want a fork!!!

The music continued at deafening levels. I wasn't very happy. If you want peace and quiet, this isn't the place. I'm not sure I want to go back here.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Totally unique experience. Where else can you eat a caesar salad and a seafood gumbo with your hands straight off a paper sheet? The food is so tasty, the drinks are delicious and the service is excellent.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Great party atmosphere, unique serving technique...... They basically bring the food out in a plastic bag and dump it on the table!!!!! Kids love it and don't have to worry about table etiquette as they chow down with their hands and slobber all over their bibs and clothing. The hand washing station is ingenious so people don't crowd up the washrooms.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

This place is AMAZING, the food is delicious, the atmosphere is electric, and staff are friendly even though we couldnt speak japanese,they were very accommodating. I love this idea for a restaurant. The sauce and seafood was out of this world. I HIGHLY recommend Dancing Crab.

Date of visit: November 2015