“Great service and sushi”

Itamae Sushi Shinjuku Toho
Ranked #342 of 9,799 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Price range: US$9 - US$45
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Description: In April 2015, Itamae Sushi opened its biggest branch in Shinjuku's famous Kabukicho district in the Toho building, which is topped with a life-size Godzilla statue. Boasting seating for 100, including counter seating for 18, the restaurant is laid out around a semi-stage cooking area, allowing diners to observe the techniques of the sushi chefs, up to 24 hours a day. With 11 branches in Japan and more than 60 overseas, Itamae chefs know their fish, carefully selecting their ingredients directly from the Tsukiji Fish Market and ports across Japan. Blue fin tuna is a specialty and Itamae's is as good as that found at the highest-end restaurants. Sushi starts from just 58/piece and nigiri sushi sets start at 1,380. Course menus featuring seven items are 3,500, while eight-item courses are 5,000. All-you-can-drink options start at 1,500. Itamae Sushi offers high-quality sushi in a foreigner-friendly atmosphere and their chefs are happy to recommend wine, champagne, sake or shochu to best complement the sushi.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We ate here 3 times and got take away once whilst staying at the Hotel Gracery. The food was fresh, servings generous and good value. The last time we went here they had a tuna filleting event and we got to scoop our own tuna sashimi from the tuna carcass with a shell and put it on the free rice they gave us - it was my most memorable meal in Japan. Highly recommend - be sure to try the Godzilla roll!

Makk0807, お客様担当マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Shinjuku Toho, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for coming to Itamaesushi!(3 times!)
And I appreciate your kindly comment.
The blue fin tuna is one of our specialty so we hold
a tuna filleting event several times a year.
I’m glad if you like it!
Oh, did you try the Godzilla roll?
Do you like it? I do!
Thank you.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Stayed at Gracery and wanted a quick sushi fix but didn't want to go far. Fair prices I'd say, with quick service! Obviously isn't Michelin Grade sushi but all the dishes we ordered tasted good!

It can get busy sometimes, but if you are willing to wait, it's definitely worth it.

Makk0807, お客様担当マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Shinjuku Toho, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for coming to Itamaesuhi!
And I appreciate your kindly comment.
We have shared it among all our staff.
Thank you.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I ate here for dinner while staying at Hotel Gracery. This restaurant is on the first floor and very convenient. I was too lazy to walk out for sushi and ended up stopping here. The food was good - not the best quality in Japan by far, but better than most places in America, easily. The prices are a little high due to the location, but the quality was good.

Makk0807, お客様担当マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Shinjuku Toho, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you for coming to Itamaesushi.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed meal.
Serving quality food and service is our motto.
We interact with all people with the spirit of hospitality.
If we made you happy, I couldn’t be happier.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

actually i don't really like sushi especially with raw fish .
but once i ate here i just know sushi is very delicious.
It melt in my mouth.

Thank you for coming to Itamaesushi!
And I appreciate your kindly comment.
Fresh raw fish is not fishy.
I’m glad you like it.
Have a nice stay in Japan.
I’m looking forward to your next visit with delicious sushi.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Food was okay (got the all-Tuna plates, plus salmon plate and a mixed plate). But price is reflecting the location. You will get same at cheaper price with a five minute walk away from the central location. One of our orders were forgotten and we had to ask for it again.

Makk0807, お客様担当マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Shinjuku Toho, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for coming our retaurant!
I’m so sorry for having kept you waiting because of our mistake.
I am able to hear your able to hear your valuable opinions.
Every comment will be regarded as important and shared inside our company.
I would like to investigate the price again.
Thank you again.
I look forward to your next visit.