Lowest prices for your stay
US$77
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Booking.comUS$77
CheapTicketsUS$77
PricelineUS$77
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2019

Due to dodgy behaviour by another hotel in Ueno I was stranded on Christmas Eve with two kids and needed a hotel for 8 nights over Christmas and New Year. What were the chances?
But clearly a Tenshi was on my side because I stumbled across this hotel and they took me in and offered a Christmas miracle.
In fact the staff were incredibly helpful to a walk in at 11pm with two exhausted children.
This hotel is located in the best area, mere meters from Ueno train station with JR lines, around the corner from both a 7/11 and a Lawson and across the road from the best markets in Tokyo.
Check out Ueno Park on the other side of the station. It’s amazing.
Rooms are typical Tokyo size, but breakfast is included and bathrooms are good. The housekeeping staff go above and beyond. I can’t recommend this hotel more highly and I was in two minds about reviewing it at all, as I’d like to keep this gem to myself but that wouldn’t be fair, nor in the spirit in which the hotel blessing fell into my lap.
While in Ueno just walk around the area, away from the main road. You’ll get an amazing insight into city living in Tokyo.
10/10

Room tip: All the rooms are tiny but I suspect the 15’s on each floor are slightly bigger according to the evacuation map.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Pretty new hotel. All staffs are very friendly. The hotel is closed to JR, Subway, Ameyoko Market, and restaurants. Surprisingly, the place is very quiet. So, you can have a good rest for your next day.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Rooms are very small, but this is Japan. Everything is functional and clean. However, for this price I would have expected more.

The rooms even have a safety deposit box. Breakfast is minimal, but good. Staff are helpful and speak English (and Chinese).

The location is quite good. Only a 5 minute walk to Ueno station from where you will get everywhere in Tokyo.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2018

My Japanese friend recommended Guest 1 at Ueno train station to me. I am an American with no knowledge of Japanese. It was my first trip to Tokyo. This hotel is conveniently located and the room comes with a delicious breakfast. Request a larger room as there are only a few rooms medium sized. Maybe this is typical of Tokyo but there was no closet, just hooks. The bathroom was nice with a fabulous modern toilet with all the gadgets, like warm seats, etc. English was spoken very little, but the staff did arrange for a tour for us. We enjoyed the small local restaurants close by. There is a view from the fire escape. The last day we visited Ueno park where one could rent a boat. It's a lovely green area tucked away by the train station. We stayed 3 nights and had a great time.

Room tip: We had to take a smoker's room but it was larger than the others and well ventilated.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I have recommenced this hotel to my family and friends but forgot to post my review.

In our past couple trips, we always stay at Ueno as it directly connected to Narita airport without further train/subway transfer. Furthermore, the Shinkansens to major destinations starts here that you, for sure, to get a seat without reservation.

Staffs are friendly as you expected in Japan. We had day ski trip and needed to leave hotel before breakfast hours, they prepared fresh bakery and coffee/tea outsides of breakfast area for early bird.

Not even mentions the shopping & dining options at Ameyoko and Ueno station.

The only downside is they won't keep your luggage overnight before or after check in. If you are going to have side trip from Tokyo and don't want to carry your luggage around, Guest 1 is not for you.

Date of stay: February 2017