“Great gelato!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Reviewed 16 June 2017

A friend raved to me about this place, so I just had to make the long walk there to try it for myself, and I wasn't disappointed! This shop is so popular that it has a queue system in place, which involves a waiting area with seats a 5-minute walk away. I was told it would be a 40-minute wait, and I was prepared for that, but in the end I waited no more than 15 minutes. Efficient! Of course I had to try the premium level 7 matcha gelato – truly potent, I must say, but well balanced by the goma (black sesame) I had as a second scoop, which was a sweet relief.

壽々喜園 浅, Manager at Suzukien Asakusa Main Store, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for waiting so long!! Yes, Goma flavor is also popular^^
Please enjoy another flavor next time!!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This is a place where you can get the strongest Matcha Gelato. The matcha gelato range from 1 - 7 and the price range for the gelato stars from ¥370. For non-matcha lover they also offer non matcha flavors of gelato; adzuki bean (red bean), strawberry and black sesame. The level 7 matcha gelato taste bitter at first and the taste was intense. I love their Hojicha flavor, the roasted after taste was strong!

壽々喜園 浅, マネージャー at Suzukien Asakusa Main Store, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for visiting our shop! Hojicha gelato is very popular as well!!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

An awesome place for tea lovers - a wide selection of tea flavored icecream (and a few non-tea flavors too) with matcha scoops coming in 7 different intensity levels. If you love matcha you have to try nr 7, but be warned its really intense. They also have a good selection of teas and tea related gifts.

壽々喜園 浅, マネージャー at Suzukien Asakusa Main Store, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for coming to Suzuken!! We hope you visit us again!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Well worth of waitibg before opening ie have arrived 30min before
I have combined no 7 of matcha with black sesame. Have never tasted such a good matcha ice cream

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Just a 5 mins walk behind Sensoji temple. Ordered the no 7 matcha gelato & its delicious! For matcha lovers, this is a must try gelato that is only available in japan :)

壽々喜園 浅, マネージャー at Suzukien Asakusa Main Store, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for comming our shop. We are looking forward to your visit again!!