“Good hotel with ONE small child and ONE parent”

Hotel MyStays Gotanda Station
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinagawa
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Stayed their double room with my 5 yo daughter for 3 nights before the Christmas, which was good for almost everything for us.

The size of both bedroom and shower room weren't small for us. The room was clean every day when we came back in the evening. The distance from the station was quite short, which was lucky for me who carried a 15kg backpack and a 22kg suitcase with a wee girl. BTW most restaurants are at the opposite side of the station and we enjoyed dinner at a great Peruvian restaurant. Their breakfast buffet had almost same options for 3 days (especially as we're vegetarian) but had at least variety of food - btw I've never eaten quite salty miso soup before (I'm Japanese and even often eat quite salty food). It was really hot to sleep during the night (it's end of Dec!) and as I couldn't control the temperature on A/C, so turned it off. Borrowed a phone charger from their front desk for free, which was quite useful as I left it at home.

Receptionists were helpful. Though they don't know much around the area (...), they helped to find a vegetarian friendly restaurant there for us. My brother and his partner (both are Japanese) stayed there on the same days as us, but they didn't get same customer service as us. Seemed some people at the front desk need more manner of communication.

If you stay at their double room with a small child or your partner, it would worth for money but not beyond.

Room Tip: Just avoid any single rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
MS五反田駅前, receptionist at Hotel MyStays Gotanda Station, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS Gotanda Station. We appreciate you spending your time to write to us.

Every staff member at our hotel will be working hard to improve the level of our service and try to meet the expectation of our guests.

When you travel to the Tokyo area in the future, we sincerely hope that you will consider our hotel for your stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Hotel location is great.
Take Tokyo metro to reach Gotanda station and from there, few steps to the hotel.

I heard the story before for small room in Japan but it is really super duper small.

You step in the room and ends from where it starts

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
MS五反田駅前, receptionist at Hotel MyStays Gotanda Station, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Reviewed 19 January 2016

My dumb dumb travel agent had booked us into this hotel, saying yes it is very close to Haneda airport. Jokes on me sadly.

Travelers: My family of 6. My husband and I with 4 kids. 17, 14, 12 and 9.

The hotel was fine by me. Not 5 stars. 4 stars. Conveniently located next to Gotanda station. The WIFI in the room was the worst. At that point we had already stayed at 4 other hotels in Japan. Second hotel in the vicinity of Tokyo. I'm not going to complain about the size of the room, i found that to be the norm in Japan.

The location problem was my own. The hotel is 13 to 14 km away from Haneda airport, 30 to 40 min taxi OR train. Cost to get to the airport: 1300-1400 yen via taxi. The trains start at 4AM, if I remember correctly, cost I do not know.
My flight was on Dec. 31st at 7AM. From Haneda to Vancouver, Canada via Beijing. Murder for me, only because I was dumb enough to not double check my travel agent's booking. The agent's loss is someone else's hefty gain.

Anyhoo, enough griping over spilt milk. We were booked into 3 rooms for 2 nights. I knew it was going to be a double bed. But it helps tremendously when the bed is shoved against a wall. Slims the chances of someone falling over! Would recommend it to those who don't need to get to Haneda in the wee hours of the day.

Thanks for reading

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank kusumghai

Dear Guest,
We are very grateful for your kind comments. Every staff member at our hotel will continue to strive to provide the best services for our guests. We hope you will consider HOTEL MYSTAYS Gotanda Station during your next travels nearby us.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on my way back home. It's just outside Gotanda Station making it a perfect spot if you carry heavy luggage. The hotel is brand new and staff speaks some english. As of other reviews yamanote proximity may be a problem, but my room was on the opposite side and anyway trains don't run during the night.

Room was a semi-double which was just ok for a single person, in my opinion. Everywhere clean and with all the amenities of other hotels in the same price range. Bathroom was a bit small for a tall person, but that's common in Japanese business hotels.

Overall a good choice for one or two nights stay, even if there might be better options around.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Spent 5 nights in this hotel for our trip in Dec.
The hotel is literally right next to the JR Gotanda and the Metro Gotanda station.
So it is very convenient.

We have three people so we had the Grand Deluxe Twin room.
The size of the room is pretty reasonable compared to other Tokyo Hotel rooms.

Will stay again here if we visit Tokyo again

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank MapleLeafsfanforever

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.