All reviewsgotanda stationfamily martsingle roomyamanote linemini refrigeratorconvenient locationconvenience storehotel entrancehaneda airportramenclean hotelgood sizeminute walkkfcippudodryeramenities
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

This hotel has a very convenient location - just across the street from Gotanda station.
There are quite a few eateries in the vicinity, and the area is calm and quiet, with much lower human traffic than most subway stations.
The hotel has a spacious and modern lobby, and is very clean.
The single room with shower that I booked though might be too claustrophobic for some. Though it was clean and tidy, and fully equipped, I found it hard to move about in the room. So it may suit someone smaller in size.
Perhaps it would have been better for me to book the larger single room(with bath).
All in all though, if you pick the right sized room, it is a good hotel!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
MS五反田駅前, receptionist at HOTEL MYSTAYS Gotanda Station, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

We are very grateful for your kind comments. Every staff member at our hotel will continue to strive to provide the best services for our guests.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

The rooms are nice and clean and well-kept. However, they are quite small, as expected. Additionally, they allow for luggage storage, which is great, and they are in a great location. They also have mini refrigerators and all the other typical amenities: pajamas, A/C, a water boiler, a humidifier (though perhaps a dehumidifier would have been better), hair dryer, shoe shiners, and toothbrushes, etc. However, I found that my windows were leaky and water from the rain outside slowly seeped in through the edges, eventually resulting in pooling water on the windowsill, which made it unusable. I hope that this was an isolated incident.

Additionally, I found that the internet was quite inconsistent. Maybe about 20% of the time it worked fine, 30% of the time it was very slow but kind of worked, and 50% of the time it just flat out didn't work. Very unfortunate. Otherwise, this place is fine, has a good location, and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony J
MS五反田駅前, マネージャー at HOTEL MYSTAYS Gotanda Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Mystays Gotanda Station and taking your time to review our hotel.

We are very glad to hear you liked our location and housekeeping.
However, we are sorry about making you uncomfortable by broken window and internet environment. We take your comments seriously into consideration for further improvement of both service and operations.

If you have a chance to back to any cities, all our Mystays group will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Hotel Mystays Gotanda Station

Reviewed 1 August 2016

It was very close to the JR Station (Shinagawa). A very good decision for us since we were already on our way back to the Airport carrying heavy luggage. I loved that they had provided clean sleepwear for the guests. Our room also had a nice big window with a nice view outside. Family Mart was in the same building too. Vendo machines on all hotel floors but microwave was communal per floor unlike the Mystays a few blocks away where the microwave was inside the room.

Minus points on: Their selection of tea and coffee was inferior compared to the MyStays Gotanda a few blocks away. The Staff seemed more stressed in this Hotel as well compared to the MyStays a few blocks away. Maybe because they had more guests.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS GOTANDA STATION. We appreciate you spending your time to write to us.

Every staff member at our hotel will be working hard to improve the level of our service and try to meet the expectation of our guests.

When you travel to the Tokyo area in the future, we sincerely hope that you will consider our hotel for your stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed 6 nites , good location with Gontanda station just across street. A family mart downstairs n few malls n eatery nearby. Room is new and clean but small n double bed is like super single size. Kinda small for couple to share. Other than that all are great, friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

My family of 4 (2 adults/2 teens) stayed in 2 separate rooms for 7 days in early June. I can't emphasize this hotel's great location. It is just a hop, skip & jump away from Gotanda Station. It was so convenient to travel by train everywhere. The Yamanote Line stops here, so 1 train ride to Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Asakusa, 2 train rides to Odaiba or Narita Airport. (You can hear the trains from this hotel but it wasn't very load and it didn't bother us. If you think this will be an issue, request for a room away from the train station).

My daughter & I stayed in the premium double. Room was slightly larger and the layout was better than the room my husband/son were in. Rooms in Japan are very tiny compared to the ones in the U.S. but hey, we're here to see the sights, not hangout in the room.

My husband/son had a standard double room. It was slightly smaller and had the same amenities except for no closet. There was an area next to their bed to hang clothes.

The hotel website stated that the room was a "double" premium but it actually had a queen size bed. The pictures posted on the hotel website were accurate. The room consisted of a tiny table, tiny chair, large screen TV, room humidifer, A/C, mini refrigerator and teapot w/ cups and a closet that is big enough to hang a couple of outfits. Free Wifi a plus.

Bathroom has a shower/deep soaker tub which came in handy in soothing those aching muscles!!!! Hairdryer, toothbrush & toothpaste are supplied daily. Large bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash also supplied.

Hotel also supplies facial soap, shower cap, razors etc in the hotel lobby.

My family stayed @ 2 hotels while we were in Japan and I'm not sure whether this is the standard but the beds & pillows are very, very firm. I think the only reason I was able to sleep was because I was so exhausted from all the sightseeing. So beware!!!

This hotel also has microwaves, vending machines, ice machines and washer/dryer on certain floors.

The rooms were spotless and the staff spoke English fairly well. There is a convenience store directly in front of the hotel entrance + others w/in a 2 block area. Several restaurants (KFC, Jonathan's, noodles/ramen/sushi shops, drugstore within walking distance.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again the next time we're in Japan.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family