“Amazing Seafood...”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived into this town last week and it was late, cold and raining. The lady that attended us firstly told us that the kitchen was already closed, but when I told her my wife was expecting a baby, then she did an exception and gave us a table. The seafood chowder was incredibly tasted and even better was the seafood platter that she offered us, all with an exceptionel spanish white wine. Thank’s for your kidness!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 13 August 2018

It must be 12 Months since we graced this superb Restaurant. Our meal last night was the best yet .

The Halibut and Chicken was cooked to perfection and the service was ,as usual, highly professional

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I came there with my boy-friend after reading the great reviews .. I don’t know if we were unlucky or what else, but we took oysters (that at first seemed to be good) , salmon and lobsters as starters. The taste of the salmon was fully covered by the strong mint sauce, and the lobster wasn’t anything special .
We also took the cod (the special of the day): it was super soft and fresh, but the accompanying sauce was pretty bad and it is a shame given the quality of the cod.
My boy-friend took the raw fish mix (on the menu) which was average.
We were pretty disappointed because the freshness of the fish was destroyed by the sauce, the guy who served us wasn’t very friendly even if the location was very beautiful.
But the worst thing happened when we came back home after dinner: we stayed up all night going to the bathroom victim of food poisoning, and I’ll spare you the details.
I think I won’t eat oysters for a very long time, such a pity.

2  Thank J1279ONsilviad
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely eatery on the banks of the water. Great setting and atmosphere with candles everywhere.
Had seen all the pictures people has posted and was looking forward to the cold platter.
It came out with frozen prawns with no taste, which were also in the prawn cocktail, but were masked by the sauce.
The staff changed the dish with no issues for a fillet of Salmon and did not charge for the prawn cocktail.
The Salmon was beautiful as was my partners lobster.
Very enjoyable and would recommend, but please owners if you have run out of the best ingredients, take the dish off the menu.
There are previous reviews that say the same thing!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Lunchtime or Evening this restaurant
Ticks All, the boxes.
Superb Staff, Outstanding Food, Excellent Location.
A must for any excuse!