“Great food and wine at Enzo's”
Review of Johnson & Dipoli

Johnson & Dipoli
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Neumarkt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

If you ever happen to drop by Egna or Neumarkt in the local German, have a meal in this restaurant! Though you have to be allowed in by Enzo the proprietor, and that can sometimes be hard. However if he decides to let you in, you will have a treat both with food and wine. We had the pleasure to celebrate a birthday there so we had occupied the whole place, and had a special menu. But everything was locally made and tasted great. And the wines of Alto Adige are themselves worth a journey. They don't call it Italy's Burgundy without a reason.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 1 July 2016

This was the most memorable meal and most enjoyable evening I had in a week in SudtiroI/Alto Adige.
I walked past this small restaurant/enoteca while strolling around town, then went for an apertivo glass of wine. After looking at the menu, I decided to go back for dinner and booked a table for later. Another bonus point was the number of different wines available by the glass.
I had the scallops in a raspberry/pimiento gazpacho. I must admit I chose it as it sounded different and unusual. It was also delicious, as were the venison, and a plate of local cheeses. There were several other dishes I'd have been just as happy to try.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The local wines which were recommended were excellent and matched the food very well. If you enjoy wine, do talk to the staff as they will also take your preferences into account. Having discussed the types of wine I like/don't like, I ended up drinking a wine (Lagrein - my new favourite red wine) with the venison course that I didn't even know what it was until I was told afterwards. For me, this added to the experience.
It is relatively expensive, so I'd recommend it more as a treat than a casual evening out.
I fully intend on going back when I am next in the area.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Visited this charming place with my parents, they loves it so much they ate there 3 times in a week! Great menu, very seasonal, charming owner and staff. Communication in English was hilarious! Highly recommended! Local wines are to die for.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 25 June 2015

This restaurant is located in the heart of the little town called Egna. Its very small, but the food is really great. Menu was small and handwritten, and every dish looked extremely appealing. If you are in the surroundings, you must step by!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Owner and waiter make you feel at home with excellent food, surprising choices of wine and give you the strong feeling of being wellcome. Nice outsite tarrace with the looks of a cellar. Must see this one!

Date of visit: July 2014